Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

LothCat WIP - Soft Parts

• 2 Replies
LothCat WIP - Soft Parts
« on: Mar 18, 2020, 11:09 PM »
Greetings!  Here are my pictures of my work in progress soft parts.  I am going Legacy armor.

My to do list is as follows:
  • Add dark trim around neck
  • Maybe take in a little on the sides on the vest
  • Need black gloves

Re: LothCat WIP - Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Great progress so far!

For your flak vest, however, you will need to shorten it. The CRLs state "The vest must not extend past waist items. If the vest is covered by one or more items, the flak vest must be pulled taut and not bunch up at the waist". Typically we have the flak vest end at around our belly buttons, and the armor shortly above that. You can also pull your waist items down a little bit, so they sit down more on your hips.

You will also need to tailor the vest in a little bit more on the sides. I think what you have is more of a gambeson, but for mando armor you will need it to be two separate pieces, a flak vest and, if you choose, a kama. Once you trim the flak vest down, just make sure you tailor the sides in so they are fitted to you as the CRLs require it not be "loose or baggy".

Hope that helps!

OM# 1807
Kit(s): the Banshee
Re: LothCat WIP - Soft Parts
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 03:02 PM »
hey thanks for replying! It did help.

I'm tightening up the sides of the vest, but I am debating just redoing it as I'm not thrilled with how uneven I made my hem.

The kama is separate from the vest, it's two pieces, but I think I'm pulling down the Sash a bit because it is wide. 

Just responding so you didn't think I was ignoring your advice or wasn't appreciative. Finally got back into the swing of working on things.

I started a WIP for my armor here. You can kinda see my vest is better tailored. That said I might just redo it.  We'll see!
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=190810.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!