Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question on weapon/armor era compatibility

• 3 Replies
Question on weapon/armor era compatibility
« on: Jun 03, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Hey Vode!

I've got a question about what sorts of blasters we can use in a modern era kit. I found a Baragwin Assault Blaster kit from KotoR on Etsy, and would love to use it for the kit I'm working on. All I could find in the weapons section of the "Costume Requirements" page was that they can't resemble real firearms, and nerf has to he heavily modified.

Here's the kit for reference: https://www.etsy.com/listing/728041099/baragwin-assault-blaster?ref=user_profile&frs=1

Is there any rule about using SW weapons from a different era than your armor is? In this instance, Old Republic/Neo-Crusader era weapon with modern armor.

Thanks in advance!

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
-Douglas Adams

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Question on weapon/armor era compatibility
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:09 AM »
I think as long as you're not using a weapon that wouldn't have existed in your era, you're probably fine. For something old like you're suggesting, maybe your Mando really has a thing for vintage weaponry? Maybe they found it, cleaned it up, modified it (a little bit) to bring it up to date.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2020, 12:01 PM »
I think of it as being like real world black powder enthusiasts and cowboy action shooters.  It's a similar appreciation for the old guns that, if kept in good condition, should be just as functional now as they were when they were made.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2020, 03:24 PM »
That's basically along the lines that I was thinking. Maybe a clan heirloom or something like that, or just like you guys suggested. Thanks vode!

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
-Douglas Adams

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!