Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Thaxos' "Finished" Armor

• 24 Replies

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Thaxos' "Finished" Armor
« on: Nov 02, 2009, 06:48 PM »
I am official, I feel great. I know I've got some stuff to improve on though :P

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
Re: Thaxos' "Finished" Armor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Nice work mate ;D   And ya gotta love those Box Troopers, takes a lot of guts to actually go out in those things LoL.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Nice work mate ;D   And ya gotta love those Box Troopers, takes a lot of guts to actually go out in those things LoL.
Thanks, and yeah those guys were having an absolute blast. I talked to them for a fair bit, people loved the photo opps when they were posing fighting against me :P

Sidd

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Looks really good kid.

Thaxos

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Looks really good kid.
kid...?
lol

El Kabong29

• Mercs mount up! We got a bounty to hunt!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Looks AWESOME vod! Brought a big 'ole smile to my face  ;D

*Under construction*

Thaxos

« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Looks AWESOME vod! Brought a big 'ole smile to my face  ;D
Glad to hear it, I really owe you one!

Lifeburn

• This is the time to attack!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2009, 10:48 PM »
Very nice Thaxos! I love the way the paint job turned out, glad you did the same thing to your gun. It makes it look not so "nerfy".

Thaxos

« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Very nice Thaxos! I love the way the paint job turned out, glad you did the same thing to your gun. It makes it look not so "nerfy".
Thanks! *is very happy*
In all honesty, only a few kids recgonized it. I didn't mind telling some other kids, they were delighted to also hear they could get one of their own. The adult fans were also surprised!  ;D

Malus Cerar

• Cerar Clan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:30 PM »
very very nice, I like what you did with the color of the armor and the cape.
     suggestions
            Make your flight suit mor formfitting
            get some kind of matching cloth to cover your head
            put some armor on the boots

Madre Di Dios, Es El Pollo Diablo!!!

Thaxos

« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:32 AM »
very very nice, I like what you did with the color of the armor and the cape.
     suggestions
            Make your flight suit mor formfitting
            get some kind of matching cloth to cover your head
            put some armor on the boots

Erm, the flightsuit is as close a fit as I could find. And not all mandos had it skin tight...
You mean a neckseal, or actually cloth to go over the helmet? I personally don't like the look of mine with something over the bucket.
I'll think over the boots, not sure though.

Appreciate the potential suggestions though

Malus Cerar

• Cerar Clan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Erm, the flightsuit is as close a fit as I could find. And not all mandos had it skin tight...
You mean a neckseal, or actually cloth to go over the helmet? I personally don't like the look of mine with something over the bucket.
I'll think over the boots, not sure though.

Appreciate the potential suggestions though

well about the flightsuit, I am not saying skintight, it just looks a little too baggy, thats all I am saying.
I am not talking about a neck seal, well sorta. On your picture when your facing away, I think I can spot your hair, and its ok. I was talking about a hood for your head, not your helmet. you know? like some tks wear in thier armor.

Thaxos

« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:57 AM »
well about the flightsuit, I am not saying skintight, it just looks a little too baggy, thats all I am saying.
I am not talking about a neck seal, well sorta. On your picture when your facing away, I think I can spot your hair, and its ok. I was talking about a hood for your head, not your helmet. you know? like some tks wear in thier armor.
I'm 5'8" and around 130lbs, it's pretty hard to find stuff that fits nicely
I don't know what you're looking at but it's not my hair...
You mean a balaclava... Then it gets hotter though, I will definitely toss in a neckseal so people don't see my neck though.

Malus Cerar

• Cerar Clan
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2009, 01:01 AM »
I'm 5'8" and around 130lbs, it's pretty hard to find stuff that fits nicely
I don't know what you're looking at but it's not my hair...
You mean a balaclava... Then it gets hotter though, I will definitely toss in a neckseal so people don't see my neck though.
ok, just throwing in my two cents

Thaxos

« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2009, 01:03 AM »
ok, just throwing in my two cents
Appreciated, feedback is always nice

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Kandosii ner Vod! i think your bekar'gam is awesome!

Thaxos

« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Kandosii ner Vod! i think your bekar'gam is awesome!
Thank you!

Sylus seynar

« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:23 PM »
oy. there ya are. yup i recongnize this mando from a mile away.

Thaxos

« Reply #18 on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:26 PM »
oy. there ya are. yup i recongnize this mando from a mile away.
haha, glad to see you made it on here, can't wait to see your completed beskar'gam

Fenris Hettir'eso

• There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Looking good.

On the balaclava, Underarmour makes one in the Heatgear line that's meant to keep you cool, and helps keep sweat out of your eyes, as well as any electronics. I use one in my Republic Commando and it works great.

We shall bear its weight together.
Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.
VODE AN

Thaxos

« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2009, 12:44 AM »
Looking good.

On the balaclava, Underarmour makes one in the Heatgear line that's meant to keep you cool, and helps keep sweat out of your eyes, as well as any electronics. I use one in my Republic Commando and it works great.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Nice to get prograde pix isnt it?

Looks great Thax!

Thaxos

« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Nice to get prograde pix isnt it?

Looks great Thax!
Yup, especially when it's from the event you were at and free of charge  ;)

Tobias Creed

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:03 PM »
Thax, I love the color scheme. Looks great.

Thaxos

« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Thax, I love the color scheme. Looks great.
Thanks for the compliment!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!