Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Paz Vizla - Heavy Infantry Mandalorian

• 27 Replies

bernie

• "There's no reason we can't be civil"
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ invasions in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Paz Vizla - Heavy Infantry Mandalorian
« on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:50 PM »
Helmet
•   Heavy infantry mandalorian style helmet.
•   Must be sized correctly in proportion to wearer’s body.
•   Must have a black tinted visor that completely obscures the wearer’s face.
•   The helmet’s main color is baltic blue, with light blue inner cheeks and faceplate.
•   Must feature a heavily weathered ridge that runs the length of the dome of the helmet.
•   The rear of the dome extends slightly further than the back of the helmet.
•   Must feature 2 triangular slots over the right side of the brow.
•   The helmet has rectangular earcaps on both sides. Both earcaps have vents on the front and rear and are painted silver with gunmetal accents.
•   The left earcap features a U-shaped rangefinder painted gunmetal grey. The rangefinder is connected with a stepped section to the earcap.
•   Back of the helmet features a rectangular box with 5 keyslots and a round vent at the top.
•   Helmet must be painted and weathered to match references both in color and weathering pattern.

Flight Suit
•   Must be a cotton or cotton blend one or two-piece garment colored black and must fit snuggly to the wearer.
•   Must feature double sleeves, where the longer sleeve is ribbed and colored light grey.
•   Must feature light grey, ribbed breeches which cover the pants and and upper leg part of the black flightsuit.
•   The flightsuit has no visible pockets.
•   The flightsuit has visible, white stitching.
•   The flightsuit has light, brown stained weathering across its entirety.

Neck seal
•   Must be made of the same material and color as the flightsuit.
•   The neckseal has visible, white stitching.
•   The neckseal has light weathering.
•   Neckseal must match visual references.

Boots
•   Chelsea style boots.
•   Most accurate shoes are Sketchers brand "Blaine Orsen" boots
•   Dark brown roughout leather or leather like material
•   must feature a baltic blue armored plate on the toe.
•   Armored plate must feature three center ribs and raised edge.
•   Boots must match visual references.

Chest Armor
•   One piece chestplate painted baltic blue with a silver and gunmetal grey diamond.
•   Must be appropriately sized to the body of the wearer.
•   The diamond sits flush with the chest plate and has a groove running along its length. •   The inner part of the diamond must feature a raised, rectangular part, of which the bottom half is grooved.
•   On the left of the diamond are two trapezoid, gunmetal grey details.
•   Top right of the chest plate must feature a gunmetal grey vent. This vent sits just below the shoulder straps.
•   Must feature a separate ab plate composed of two pieces. The top piece is a smooth piece with a raised section running the top length and sits just below the chest plate. The bottom piece is a rectangular piece with ribs about 2” wide running along its width.
•   Must feature armored straps on the shoulders.
•   Chest plates must be painted and weathered to match references both in color and weathering pattern.

Back Armor
•   One piece back armor which attaches to the armored shoulder straps.
•   Must be painted baltic blue
•   Must feature a raised middle bar in the centre to which the jetpack attaches.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references both in color and weathering pattern.

Right Shoulder Armor
•   Bell shaped shoulder plate painted baltic blue.
•   Must have a yellow ochre bicep plate.
•   Yellow bicep plate must feature a raised edge and raised center rib.
•   Must feature a black mythosaur in the center.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references both in color and weathering pattern.

Left Shoulder Armor
•   Bell shaped shoulder plate painted baltic blue.
•   Must have a baltic blue bicep plate with raised edges.
•   Shoulder plate must feature a raised center rib which stops halfway, flanked by 2 raised ribs on each side.

Elbow armor
•   Squarish oval shaped elbow plates painted baltic blue.
•   The elbow plates have no visible attachment method.

Cod Armor
•   Ellipse shaped codpiece painted baltic blue
•   Must feature 2 square plates at the top, just below the belt
•   Top of the codpiece is hidden by the belt

Left thigh armor
•   Box shaped thigh armor featuring a raised center and cut-off corners
•   Must feature a raised edge on the central part
•   Must curve around the wearers thigh without any visible attachment methods.

Right thigh armor
•   Box shaped thigh armor featuring a raised center and cut-off corners
•   Must feature a square rim on the central part
•   Must curve around the wearers thigh without any visible attachment methods.

Left knee Armor
•   Box shaped knee plate with a raised center and cut-off corners.
•   Knee plate is painted yellow ochre.
•   Must feature a wing on each side of the knee plate.
•   The knee plate has no visible attachment method
•   The left plate features a raised edge and a center cutout

right knee Armor
•   Trapezoid box shaped knee plate with a raised center.
•   Knee plate is painted yellow ochre.
•   Must feature a wing on each side of the knee plate.
•   The knee plate has no visible attachment method

Left shin armor
•   Cylindrical shaped shin armor which covers the entire lower leg area.
•   Must be painted baltic blue
•   Must feature a raised rib on top and a raised front plate.
•   Must feature an armored plate with a raised edge and curved sides covering the top of the boot and bottom of the shin armor. The armored plate must be painted yellow ochre.

Right shin armor
•   Cylindrical shaped shin armor with a narrower bottom section which covers the entire lower leg area.
•   Must be painted yellow ochre with a narrow brown band at the top of the narrow section.
•   Must feature a raised section on top that extends past the main body of the shin.
•   Must feature  a raised rib at the front which stops just above the narrow section.
•   Must feature a flat armored plate with curved sides covering the top of the boot and bottom of the shin armor. The armored plate must be painted yellow ochre.

Left Gauntlet
•   Must be painted yellow ochre
•   Clamshell without any visible closure method.
•   Must feature a calculator pad on the rear right side of the gauntlet.
•   Must feature a raised centre section consisting of three stepped parts. The raised centre has 2 grooves running its length.
•   Must feature a large box on the left side with a cylindrical barrel at the front.
•   Barrel must feature three vents on each side and has heat discoloration.
•   The gauntlet must have a light grey fabric covered hose extending from the box which slides into the short sleeve of the flightsuit.

Right Gauntlet
•   Must be painted reddish brown.
•   Clamshell without any visible closure method.
•   Must feature a raised centre section consisting of three stepped parts. The first two parts feature a centre groove.
•   Must feature a silver and red, cylindrical shaped flamethrower on the second part of the raised section, located on the left side.

Jetpack
•   Yellow ochre painted jetpack, with dark red, silver and black details.
•   The jetpack consists out of a centre trapezoid part flanked by two additional thrusters.
•   Centre part must feature a yellow and black painted cylinder which connects to the ammo tube of the main weapon.
•   Must feature three silver cones on top with a flat top. The centre cone is about half the size of the other two.
•   Jetpack must fit snugly against the back plate without sagging.

Ammo Belt
•   Dark brown belt made from leather or leather-like material.
•   Belt must feature a silver C-shaped buckle
•   Must feature four large, rectangular pouches on each side.
•   Must feature a large tube shaped pouch on the inner side of the innermost right pouch.
•   Must feature two belt loops at the front, both holding a black, square greeblie. The right belt loop must feature a silver detail on front.

Kama
•   Russet brown colored kama made from cotton or cotton blend material.
•   The kama sits under the belt, covering its top part.
•   Must be frayed at the bottom.

Gloves
•   Black leather leather-like gloves.
•   Must feature a trapezoid shaped armored plate painted on each glove. The left armored plate is painted reddish brown, the right is painted light blue.

Weapon
•   Large, three barrelled blaster rifle
•   The blaster is painted gunmetal grey with silver and black detailing.
•   Must feature three DC-17 barrels minus the T-strips.
•   The barrels must feature heat discoloration at the muzzle.
•   Must attach to the central cylinder of the jetpack via a segmented ammo tube.
•   Must be painted and weathered to match references in color and weathering pattern.

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2020, 07:33 AM by bernie » Logged

Koda_Khrome

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Paz Vizla - Heavy Infantry Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:01 AM »
Are these the official CRL list? If so AMAZING!!!! :porg2:

Rhragnarok

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Yeah I would also be curious how close to complete these are.    Also, the Baltic Blue and Light Blue colors for the armor, as well as the yellow ochre...are those names coming from a specific brand of paint?  Because multiple brands might have the same color names but they will look different.

Rhragnarok

Rhragnarok

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2020, 06:47 PM »
Also, I have done alot of research on this and I don't believe the flight suit it black as thsi CRL is stating.  It's more of a dark to medium gray.

This image of the cardboard standup is by far and away the best image we have of the costume and it's clearly not black.  It's a dark gray very similar to the color of the Din costume.

This is a good shot of the Din costume which is much more brightly lit. 

And you can see here how dark that costume can look in the wrong lighting.

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2020, 07:13 PM by Rhragnarok » Logged
Rhragnarok

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Could be a black flightsuit heavily weathered with dust or similar dirty weathering.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Rhragnarok

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2020, 09:34 PM »
I think it's a dark gray.  Death Troopers are black.  This is nowhere near black.

Rhragnarok
« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2020, 05:24 PM »
I would also say dark grey for the flightsuit. Looking at the standee image the gloves are without a doubt black but the suit is nowhere near that dark. With heavy weathering it would be very difficult to get an even tone across the whole of the costume.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2020, 05:42 PM »
I would also say dark grey for the flightsuit. Looking at the standee image the gloves are without a doubt black but the suit is nowhere near that dark. With heavy weathering it would be very difficult to get an even tone across the whole of the costume.
I’ve turned dark green camp utilities tan doing sugar cookies at Marine Corps bootcamp Lol consistency is a matter of how long you do it!

QMU#084

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:22 PM »
As a connoisseur of black soft parts (nearly every kit I've done since I joined had them) there's a wide variety of shades of black before you get into gray, and a lot of them depend on weathering. There's also a pretty big difference between black leather and black cloth. I can see the argument from the cardboard cutout about 'dark charcoal grey' but at that point there's a really fine line between it and 'weathered black'. The brown 'dust' stain weathering across the suit would turn black to a lighter black, and charcoal grey to more of a middle grey, in my experience.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 01:27 PM »
Right gauntlet colour I don’t think is reddish brown, from looking at 4K still shots it looks more like molotow chocolate brown then weathered

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 05:02 PM »
Hey all, I'm new here and joined the forums to put in this request. I think the wording on the belt boxes should be changed slightly.

Current - "Must feature four large, rectangular pouches on each side."
Updated - "Must feature 2 large, rectangular pouches on each side, with 4 total across the belt"

Or something to that effect. As it reads now it sounds like you want 8 total pouches, which just isn't the case.

Thanks for your consideration.

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 12:02 AM »
In regard to the flightsuit colour, perhaps adding a line to clarify that the black flightsuit should appear to be more of a dark charcoal grey after weathering would help clear up any confusion with those building this costume.  Many people collect their own reference images since the CRLs do not provide any reference images and wording like how the CRL is currently worded can be confusing in situations like this.  Same as for the comment on the belt pouches.

I've seen people commenting on our CRLs from The Mandalorian in various facebook groups and many are not satisfied with the lack of visual references and inconsistencies with reference images, to the point where I've seen several people say they won't even bother applying for MMCC membership.  I know that the CRL writers worked hard to put these together and they did a great job, but it still seems like a few updates are needed.  Just something to consider.

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Sh'Sou HolDa

• "I have carbon scoring older than you..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Jun 12, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Just going to leave this here for helpful visual ref.

« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Baltic Blue = Tamiya X-13?

A point on gun barrels.

"The barrels must feature heat discoloration at the muzzle."

On the Amban Phase-Pulse rifle mandibles, yes, I agree, it looks cool too.

On the triple barrel blaster, the flash hiders would be sooty, carbon scored, not heat stained. There are some brass copper elements in the body I intend to heat stain, but not the muzzle. Plus I am doing all in black except the air cooled jackets. I will do them in Gun Metal and see what effect I can get out of Tamiya weathering kit when it arrives. its coming together and looking good so far.

« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2020, 11:35 AM »
CyanVapour,

I misread your first response and thought you were saying Baltic Blue is that color of Tamiya paint. I changed my response after rereading.

I came in here to clarify what Baltic Blue is. There are MANY manufacturers of paint out there, and lots of choices that won't cost hundreds of dollars in tiny bottles.

Like Rhragnarok and yourself, I would like an official response from Bernie or the like as I dont want to trust hundreds of hours of work and crazy amounts of money on being told to redo it.

« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2020, 05:03 PM by sonoyuu » Logged
« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2020, 12:48 PM »
There are at least three more things that seem to be incorrect that
 I have noticed after studying the photos now available.

• It states that there are no visible attachments on the knee armor however the 360 photos clearly show some sort of brown strap connecting it behind the knee
• It states the belt is dark brown leather however the high res photo of the Standee clearly show that the side pouches are lighter brown than the belt and the rear side
  pouches are black
• It states that the Kama is brown cotton however it seems more likely to be brown suede by coloring and the way it hangs seems heavier weighted than cotton.

Bowfanny

« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I’m no authority on this but this is an educated comment; crls aren’t written off the action figures. The CRL team usually (from my experience having served on that team for a while) uses on screen references as much as is humanly possible to include information granted by Lucas Films themselves.

QMU#084
« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:43 PM »
Can we please have some kind of color code for all this? https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1150

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2020, 12:03 AM »
Guys, just an FYI the CRL for Paz is undergoing some revision currently.

Just stay tuned for when that is complete.

Once the revisions are complete, we will be writing a BRL for this character, which I anticipate to be done in early 2021.

Patience, please.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2020, 12:13 AM »
Oya Mi'ix,

This is awesome. At least we know something is going on. It's an awesome kit, and we just want to reduce the rework for approval. We are very grateful y'all working on it, and we understand it has to be good, otherwise why  do we bother right? We just want to know what direction we are supposed to go in.

sonoyuu

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2020, 12:16 AM »
Ascalon has been working very hard on the revisions. Once he thinks they're good to go, I'll take a look at them as well to make sure we're on the same page.

All of these characters are awesome, and definitely deserve the time and attention to make sure we get the details right. Paz is no exception!

sonoyuu,

You seem like a very detail oriented fellow. Brigades would be the perfect place for you, when you finish your kit.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2020, 01:27 AM »
Oya Mi'ix,

If I am to do respect to the things I love, then the details are everything.

I am very grateful for the time you and other official members are investing in helping us achieve our goals. It would be a real proud moment to stand with other Mandalorian Club members in a full kit that good advice helped build.

I am kinda big, and really only a Heavy Trooper kit would fit my frame without looking funny. When I saw Paz Viszla...I said "THIS" is how I want to blow people's minds and make them smile. At first I asked myself, is this bigger than you can chew? I decided this is who I want to bring to the Mandalorian Mercs. I am grateful for all help achieving this goal. I have the tools, materials, and motivation, I just need guidance.

I apologize while I have read most of the source material, I seem to have missed the discussion about Brigades. Your insight would be appreciated. I am happy to support this community any way I can, especially as I have come to understand the amazing real world Community Investment in things like the Make a Wish Foundation. I have a kid who is healthy and happy, I'd love to at least give the happy part if nothing else to someone else's kid. Just to have that "Whaaaaat? moment.

Thank you gentlemen for helping us shine. We don't get to approval with out you, and this is something special we don't see often. Those who love this want to do y'all proud ;) I'm just itchin' to create, I just don't want to ge1 1/3 of the way through my kit like I did already only to go ....damn...I think I am starting over lol...

« Reply #22 on: Jul 09, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Is there any further movement on the finished BRL?

Mi'ix

« Reply #23 on: Jul 09, 2021, 02:36 PM »
We're set to go on it.

Just waiting for publication at this point.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #24 on: Aug 16, 2021, 03:56 PM »
I too am interested in the color specs as I'm almost done with my Paz build and would be a little bit heart broken if I have to repaint some parts

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!