Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP | Start of Mandalorian Build | A story

• 2 Replies

Mbweha

• Iím in.
WIP | Start of Mandalorian Build | A story
« on: Jun 12, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Hi all,

I've taken the first steps in the build of my Mandalorian costume.

Basically, I would like my build to reflect a character story. Where I'm at, in a nutshell;

- Mbweha was born and raised on Tatooine as a moisture farmer's son.
- Joint the Rebellion Alliance and RA SpecForce.
- After the battle of Tatooine, deserted and eventually ended up with the Tusken Raiders. Went native if you will ;)
- Fought with the Tusken Raiders, and worked as a gun-for-hire for the Hutts.
- Got recognised for his actions by the Mandalorians, and joined.
- Returned to Tatooine, now his homebase (as it is very close to my actual homebase, Tsavo in Kenya).

I would like the story to be reflected in the build, with every milestone an added layer to the costume. I'm currently working on the base layer - flight suit, which is based on his time in the RA.

I'm very keen and very interested in anyone's feedback, or ideas to make this build better. I'm a proper newbie, and prepared to listen :)

My worksheet for this bit:

Keep well all, and have a wonderful weekend!

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2021, 12:15 PM by Mbweha » Logged

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
Re: WIP | Start of Mandalorian Build | A story
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2021, 01:51 PM »
Looks like a solid concept! Love the way you planned it out as well.

The big thing I'd say is keep in mind the 80% rule in regards to mando to other, distinctly non mando parts, so 80% mando, 20% tusken, Rebel, etc, if that is a part of the plan when you refer to the layers telling the story. (Things like the generic rebel flightsuit wouldn't usually be a issue, but something like a tusken rebreather would probably fall under that rule)

Also great to see someone in Africa working on a kit, I spent some time in West Africa, so that part of the world is close to my heart

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!

Mbweha

• Iím in.
Re: WIP | Start of Mandalorian Build | A story
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Makes a lot of sense, and thank you for the feedback. I will keep that in mind as I progress with the build. I think it will be mainly in regards to some of the base materials which are in-universe,  but also locally available, i.e. leather, hessian, canvas. I will keep a close eye on the 80/20 rule.
Once I get to it, I think my weapons of choice will reflect the Tusken time. Thinking a cycler slug thrower, and a modification on the gaffi stick.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2021, 11:45 AM by Mbweha » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!