Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ashuras WIP Updated

• 18 Replies
Re: Ashuras WIP Updated
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 07:49 PM »
Good day everyone! Its bin a long while since iv posted or updated anything. Iv bin busy in a Galaxy Far Far Away bounty hunting for the CAF.
Today iv got a couple small updates to add plus a full kit up from Halloween 2020 and some observations I had from the fit of the kit.

Gunna start with the Kit Up followed by a couple weapons additions to the build;

So a couple things I noticed with my set up while walking around in it for the 2hrs that i did for Halloween.
Cons
- The Knees were not very comfortable. To solve this problem i simply applied some heat and widened them just a hair which helped out alot.
- I didnt like my boot armor very much! So i will be changing those at some point, might do something simple and add a pair of gators to the outfit
- My Shin armor is great, just needs a little tweak or i may just upgrade them to take the place of the knees altogether
- My helmet is a touch small for my big head, however, it gives me a more tanky look cause its not an overly large helmet. There is plans to replace it in the future with something that i can add fans to though

Pros
- My cape bellows in a overly dramatic way in the breeze and i love it!
- The touch wider spacing i use for my chest plates works great as im a bit of a larger gent, there's no rubbing or bumping of the pates.
- Over all im very happy with how its worked out!

Change that are Progress
Im currently working on a set of Post Empire Hand Plates and Gauntlets to replace my current ones. Im also working on a 1 piece flight suit that still needs t ohave the alterations sewn up.

Next up is my weapon Additions, i made a Pike/Axe type weapon with scrap sintra i had and some PVC Pipe. I also picked up a Live Action Westar 35 from a vendor down in the States.

First up will be the Pike/Axe.

Now we have the Westar 35 LA

Im hoping to get some of my smaller upgrades done before i go away again for Training/Courses this summer so hopefully there will be more to come between now and the end of June!

« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Good afternoon Vod!

Iv started to make a new helmet to go with some of my other smaller upgrades. Im using the April Storms L/XL DropBear Helmet from Thingiverse and its being printed on a Ender 3 V2. More to come hopefully before I go away for Summer Training!

« Reply #17 on: Jun 13, 2021, 09:44 PM »
Looking forward to the upgrades!

slyski

• haha grappling line go brrrr
« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2021, 11:41 AM »
you've been hard at work! can't wait to see the new bucket :)

also, the pins from a clothes hanger is a brilliant idea, I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to use once I get to that stage.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!