Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Greetings to Wasu'ran

• 6 Replies
Greetings to Wasu'ran
« on: Apr 05, 2020, 12:29 AM »
Hello!
I'm Cassandra, a cadet from the 501st legion. I've met few of you :D.  I have acquired some mando armour and would like to put it together. I'm working on the soft parts right now and getting ideas solidified for designs. I  have armour for  light armour class, but am missing arm guards. Will work on getting some images up here, though computer is definitely not my first language so please bear with me!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Greetings to Wasu'ran
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Hi Cassandra, welcome to the forum :D

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Hi Cassandra!! Welcome to the mercs! Canít wait to see what you have so far 🙂

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2020, 04:24 PM »
Thanks!
So far, besides the armour, I have a bed sheet, a table cloth, and other thrift store items that will be transformed into a flak suit and cloak. The colours I have are royal blue, an ashy silver, and black. I really like the idea of a knife wielding mando, so I'm going for an understated grace and deadliness.  My family (who is my clan, we're closer than close) has been a big help with ideas and lending a hand.
Now, I know that the approval process is not as demanding as the 501st, but what things are you looking for? What do you not want to see?

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Hey! Welcome to the Merc side!

What drives most approval team members crazy (that I've heard from), is print lines on 3D printed objects. That is like a carnal sin it seems.  :laugh:

I was dinged on my cape not being "weathered enough" until I drove over it a few times in the mud.  :laugh:

Anyways, my point is that you should post your WIP's, keep them updated, ask for suggestions, AND DON'T GIVE UP.
For many of us lately it seems to have been an uphill battle, just don't give up.

On a side note, we have some messenger chat groups if you'd like to join. The clan seems to be doing most of their chatting/planning there, and then having it bleeding on to this forum.

May I ask what area of BC you live in? There may be locals planning on armour parties sometime (when this Covid-19 ends of course).

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2020, 02:09 PM »
I'm on the lower island. The armour that I have is second hand and a few pieces need to be modified to fit. I'll definitely go on to the face book group. If you see a Kelleeka Alfuir, that's me ;D

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2020, 12:53 AM »
Welcome to the mercs! Sounds like you already have a solid idea of what needs to be done :)

Jarrod offered some amazing suggestions, and i would highly recommend you take note!

Can't wait to see your WIP :D

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!