Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Stabilizer for flak vest?

• 2 Replies

Kane Val'dra

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Stabilizer for flak vest?
« on: Apr 08, 2020, 10:37 AM »
I am nearing completion of my kit but one of the issues I am running into is the chest plates moving some when I move.  I am using velcro to secure the plates to the vest.  I had two thoughts for a solution:

1. Adding a sewing stabilizer to the inside of the vest in the chest area.  Has anyone tried this?  I figured a heavy stabilizer might be enough support to keep the vest from shifting too much, but am not sure...

2. Adding a 3mm sintra strip along the inside of the vest, formed to my chest.  Might be a bit uncomfortable, but would provide a solid, non slip base.

I would prefer option 1, just not sure the stabilizer would provide enough firmness.

Any thoughst would be appreciated!

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Stabilizer for flak vest?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2020, 03:53 PM »
What material did you use for the vest? What did you use to make the plates?

Reinforcing the vest would definitely help, but this could be a good time to double-check that the vest fits well. It should be fitted and not too loose as you want it to stay in place.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Kane Val'dra

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Stabilizer for flak vest?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2020, 03:42 PM »
What material did you use for the vest? What did you use to make the plates?

Reinforcing the vest would definitely help, but this could be a good time to double-check that the vest fits well. It should be fitted and not too loose as you want it to stay in place.

The vest is the canvas duckcloth.  Plates are ABS.  The vest fits well and is form fitting.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!