Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hettyc Pitat Bucket WIP

• 10 Replies

TK_0417

• I love the smell of cordite in the morning.
Hettyc Pitat Bucket WIP
« on: Apr 12, 2020, 01:15 PM »
First build, so I'm going for the bike helmet bucket from a bucket build.
Just getting started, so here is the bike helmet and the templates for sizing.

Still a long way to go, but I figured I could at least start the WIP.

The Bearded Mando

• Run if you must, but you will only die tired.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Hettyc Pitat Bucket WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2020, 06:32 AM »
You're off to a good start.  :like:

TK_0417

Re: Hettyc Pitat Bucket WIP Update
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2020, 09:07 AM »
This was not as easy as some of you made it look. Either that or I am REALLY bad at this.
After several struggles with shaping, cutting, re-cutting, re-shaping, more hot glue, burned fingers, and a lesson on curse words in Mando'a, here is the base for my bucket. Lots of adjustments to make, but at this point I am planning to strengthen and shape with bondo before I fix some of the obvious screw ups along the bottom.  >:(
Worn: Little worried about the sizing on this. Hoping to get some feedback before the Bondo begins.

And some close-ups :

The Bearded Mando

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2020, 08:31 PM »
everything is fixable with bondo.
it does look like your cheeks need to be reworked a bit, they are uneven.
is the shell glued in place or held with the screws?
nice design on the T-visor

TK_0417

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Shell is screwed in place. Kicking myself because I found your YouTube videos AFTER I got this far. I am currently working on a fix for the crooked cheeks. I have shaky arthritic hands, so drawing an cutting anything is difficult. My current idea for a fix is to make a second set of "plating" to cover the first, which will strengthen what I have and hopefully make everything look even. It will also help me blend in the brow ridge I will be using to cover the screws. Are you planning on posting any more videos soon? Vor entye for all the help, you are my hero!

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2020, 06:40 AM »
I agree, a 2nd layer is the way to go. be sure you have a few layers of fiberglass on the inside before you remove the hot glue on the outside. then make sure everything is well sanded before installing your new face layer.  keep at it. btw new video posted this week, earcaps.

TK_0417

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Wow, so it has been WAYYYY too long since I have updated this WIP. Came a long way, and I hope I did well. I still have some work to do Like the Rangefinder for the left-side ear cap, but I think this will meet approval. For anyone looking, PLEASE be as critical as possible and let me know if I need to post different pics for more detail. I also have a question about an accessory I am putting on the helmet.
Bucket First:

The left ear cap (your right) will have a range finder that fills the holes, but that is still in the concept stage.

Worn:

Now the question. I have this older Army issue head lamp that I wanted to use on the right (your left) ear cap, but I am worried it is not Swarzy enough. ANy suggestions?

Any feedback is welcome, it won't hurt my feelings (much) if you rip it apart. Thanks in advance.

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 11:16 PM »
Overall it looks good    :cookie:
The weathering on the dome is done well, but the bottom of the helmet looks to need more.
the lamp looks good ( might need a greeblie or 2, but then everything does  :D)
the earcap where the rangefinder will go looks to have seams that might need to be addressed (bondo or spot putty)

:like: Well Done  :like:

TK_0417

« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2020, 01:01 AM »
Overall it looks good    :cookie:
The weathering on the dome is done well, but the bottom of the helmet looks to need more.
the lamp looks good ( might need a greeblie or 2, but then everything does  :D)
the earcap where the rangefinder will go looks to have seams that might need to be addressed (bondo or spot putty)

:like: Well Done  :like:
Do you mean on the range finder box, or somewhere else? I was hoping not to seal off the seams on the range finder box because I want to be able to open it to install electronics. Any suggestions? I have been really struggling to get these ear caps  set up.

The Bearded Mando

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2020, 04:35 AM »
ya, the rangefinder box. I'm not app team or anything like that, it's just something that stood out for me.
if it becomes an issue for them, perhaps making a hole in the helmet to allow access to the cavity in the rangefinder.
that way everything appears sealed, but you have the ability to add electronics as you wish.

TK_0417

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2020, 10:39 PM »
Thanks for the advise, as always. I’ll reach out to my ruus’alors and see if they have any other advice for the seams.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!