Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Some fiddle work... Westar holdout

• 4 Replies

Cowboy_KenFL

• In life and name- Ratiin Verburyc
Some fiddle work... Westar holdout
« on: Apr 14, 2020, 06:15 PM »
So. Been fussing with my kit and all involved with that. Was thinking I needed one of those sneak/last resort/Han ain't getting me weapons.
I decided the Westar 35, was a nice clean design. I didn't some designs and decided on this, reduced look....

Starting watching my daughter, due to daycare tummy virus. Which cut my big project items and all outside chemical uses. So, started carving the Holdout...

I goofed on the main body cut. I think it still gives the right look and feel. The name escapes me though... Westar 3.5... Westar 35H... Westar 10...?

What y'all think?

No matter where you go, there you are. - Dr. Buckaroo Banzai

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Some fiddle work... Westar holdout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Nice work so far! Maybe call it a Westar 25? Looks a bit smaller, but those details look interesting.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Cowboy_KenFL

• In life and name- Ratiin Verburyc
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2020, 06:43 PM »
Thanks! I'm gonna put very thin panels on. Give it more detail and "realism," like I saw on one person's version of it. Mostly, because I've got scrap laying about and to fill time while waiting on bigger items to dry or cure.

Hmmm... I'll kick the name around, see if it sticks to the wall. 😉

No matter where you go, there you are. - Dr. Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2020, 09:18 AM »
it would be a 35c (compact) by any firearm definition.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 12:32 PM »
I have been thinking about holdouts and Westar variants. A compact is a great idea. I fiddled around with some 3d print files and made a smaller Westar and mixed it with a glock grip. I'll modify the grip appearance and there is still a lot of post work with sanding and such, but right now it is comfortable AF to hold. Not sure I'd use it for my build (if I ever make one) but it was a fun side project.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!