Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Papa & Verd’ika Buy’ce

• 1 Replies
Papa & Verd’ika Buy’ce
« on: Apr 15, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Easter was good to me and mine. I walked away with a new B3P and my son has a new J2P. I blacked out the visors in post because the clear visor weirds me out. Wanted to start a place to post my WIP for both. Probably won’t start for a little while longer because I’m building my daughter a bed right now.

One question for anyone who has a B3P how do you get the ear piece and bottom part of the rangefinder off?!? I got the top half of the rangefinder and stalk off but I’ve pushed on the ear caps every which-way and they won’t budge. I don’t want to break anything off so I’m trying not to force it.

Edit: 4/16
I answered my own question and thought I should post it here for any who need it later. The ears on the B3P snap on and off. I thought they slid in place but there are alignment posts and little pincer clips in between the alignment posts.

« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2020, 11:51 AM by Mareyce Kartaylir » Logged
Re: Papa & Verd’ika Buy’ce
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Ok so I got around to working on this. First I disassembled the whole thing and sanded it down then I filled in the dent with plastic metal and then filled minor dips and blemishes with spot putty and sanded a bunch more.

After all the body work was done I cut out a visor template from a Homer bucket and installed it for faceplate rigidity. After that I used my dremel to remove the clear visor. This left a lot of sharp edges so I sanded it smooth with a file

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!