Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mirdala Senaar’s TCW Ursa Wren Build

• 46 Replies

S'keara Charev

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions EnviroOps Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Mirdala Senaar’s TCW Ursa Wren Build
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Commenting to follow!

“Hey bounty hunter, when was the last time you brought someone in warm”?....”the last time someone didn’t tick me off”

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 150 troops Celebration Chicago
« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2020, 12:25 AM »
Great work so far! I love the look of this kit and I know this build is in good hands!

Official Invasions: 264
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2020, 10:34 PM »
Very impressing! Commenting to follow!

Cypher117

« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2020, 01:48 AM »
Looking like a great build... I feel like considering how cool the nite owls are the male deathwatch armors aren't nearly as cool... Though I am thinking of starting a Gar Saxon build.

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 12:14 PM »
OK, thank Filoni I now have so many more references. I am not sure if it is too soon to post the images from the new ep (and I have a lot of them), so I will just drop the link to my references album. These are from cap-that.com.

https://imgur.com/a/7n3InPC

The new details are - she either has a grey fabric block on the back of her gloves (with decorative stitching) or a really thin hand plate.
The back of her helmet has some Clan Wren flair as well. I am not 100% sure on the color of the band and the vents on the back - dark grey or navy blue.
Her hair is similarly styled to older Ursa, but bangs are pushed aside, center part, pulled back in 3 distinct sections and the hair bit is slightly different.

Based on how the shadows were falling on the chest plates, I have altered my template a bit - I removed the top dart and moved the bottom dart up and made it longer. I also changed up the angles on the outside edge.

I received my gloves and my boots. The gloves are a good color IMHO and will also be a good color for the flight suit (when they are selling fabric again). If the wait is too long, I will look elsewhere for fabric - Joanns has a lovely Navy stretch pontes.

I also drew up the rest of the templates for the bits I will be doing in sintra - cod, shoulder, thigh, and shin.

And here is an updated sketch of my helmet and main armor.

I will be placing an order with Imperial Surplus for the back plate and boot armor. I received the prints for my gauntlets, westars, and jet pack.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:18 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged
Clan Manda'galaar / OM # 1684 / Invasions: 88 (2/17/19)

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 02:07 PM »
That’s looking good! So glad for those back shots of her!

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Looking back at my references, I can now see the yellow on the back of her helmet here, so that confirms it is her and the band is dark blue and the key slots are dark grey

Also I ordered a bunch of swatches from spandexworld.com because I am impatient for welovecolor.com and I want to see my options.

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2020, 03:18 PM »
Yeah I can definitely see the dark blue band and dark key slots! Woo!

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 10:52 PM »
I just want to take a moment and appreciate this bada**

OK, so I now have nice screen caps from cap-that.com.

https://i.imgur.com/sP2PDqz.jpg

I think I can now figure out the paint for the jet pack which is grey and blue.

I will be using Montana Gold paints. The yellow and greys are the same that I used for my other Ursa.

Yellow - Vanilla
Lighter Grey - Wall
Darker Grey - Roof
White - Shock White
Blue - Signal Blue

I have all the templates for my sintra pieces drawn and cut out in poster board.

I just have to do the templates for the holster boxes. Here is one of my pew pews for size reference on the thigh template

I have sanded my gauntlets. I am going to dremel out the inside of the wrist a bit so I can get my hand through easier and then I will glue them together so they are one piece. Then it’s primer and paint!

My new wig arrived and I got notified that my 3-D printed knees have shipped.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:38 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 01:50 AM »
Are you planning on using the XTC stuff again? Or going to spot putty route?

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Are you planning on using the XTC stuff again? Or going to spot putty route?

I am actually going to just use filler primer. The sanding was a lot of work, but the 80 grit really chewed through the print lines. I went over it again with 220 to smooth it a bit more.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 02:02 PM »
Oh right on!

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 06:20 PM »
I was looking through some more photos for the nite owl/bo katan/ ursa wren flightsuit, and it looks like they have a slight flare by their calves. Are y'all doing anything about that ie adding fabric?

Also, the vest, is that a a black or a dark grey?

Cat#2388 // Traffic Cone #34 // Cabur Akaata #190// V.O.T.S #89//

Nite Owl WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=189047.0
~~~~

If you are in the Singapore or Malaysia Area, Welcome to Kranak Clan:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=397.0

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 06:59 PM »
I was looking through some more photos for the nite owl/bo katan/ ursa wren flightsuit, and it looks like they have a slight flare by their calves. Are y'all doing anything about that ie adding fabric?

Also, the vest, is that a a black or a dark grey?

I looked at my references and I am not convinced that is any sort of fabric ‘flare’ above the shin plate. To me it looks like just the style of them drawing female legs. And if it is something, then I would jut solve it by pulling my leggings out from the shin plate a bit.

I like to call the color of the vest ‘animation black’ - it’s really both grey and black. In animation you can’t use a pure black because it would just look like a void, so you always have to grey or blue it up a bit. I personally think you could technically use either, but would want to ‘weather’ the black to lighten it up a bit and ‘weather’ the grey to darken it in spots.

This has been the great debate of making canon animated costumes.

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 09:53 PM »
I looked at my references and I am not convinced that is any sort of fabric ‘flare’ above the shin plate. To me it looks like just the style of them drawing female legs. And if it is something, then I would jut solve it by pulling my leggings out from the shin plate a bit.

I like to call the color of the vest ‘animation black’ - it’s really both grey and black. In animation you can’t use a pure black because it would just look like a void, so you always have to grey or blue it up a bit. I personally think you could technically use either, but would want to ‘weather’ the black to lighten it up a bit and ‘weather’ the grey to darken it in spots.

This has been the great debate of making canon animated costumes.

Thanks so much for clarifying! I'm super stoked to be working on this build "with" y'all ^_^

Cat#2388 // Traffic Cone #34 // Cabur Akaata #190// V.O.T.S #89//

Nite Owl WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=189047.0
~~~~

If you are in the Singapore or Malaysia Area, Welcome to Kranak Clan:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=397.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!