Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mirdala Senaar’s TCW Ursa Wren Build

• 60 Replies

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
Mirdala Senaar’s TCW Ursa Wren Build
« on: Apr 20, 2020, 08:37 PM »
I mean, how can I not?

OK, gathering references. This is what I’ve got so far.

Front:

Back:

So I have gleaned that she has standard Night Owl S7 grunt armor, but she added a bit of Clan Wren color and flair to the front of the helmet and the chest plates.

Blue Flight suit and gloves

Animation Black (aka really dark grey) t-shirt/flack vest.

Brown belts with 8 pouches - 6 small (4 in back and 2 in front) and 2 slightly larger (on the sides).

Grey armor with darker grey collar and holsters.

Grey and blue jet pack.

Helmet is a standard Night Owl and has grey cheeks and back, dark grey dome and blue band along the back. I will be using an NME Night Owl that I already have.

Here is my quick sketch of her Clan Wren flair. (I didn’t draw a rangefinder, but she does have one)

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2020, 04:57 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged
Clan Manda'galaar / OM # 1684 / Invasions: 88 (2/17/19)

Re: Mirdala’s TCW Ursa Wren Build
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2020, 09:13 PM »
I'm new to building Mandalorian kits, did you make that helmet or buy? It's really nice!

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2020, 09:39 PM »
I bought it. It is made by NME props. They are listed in the sellers list here on the forum (or just google them).   :sabine:

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2020, 12:16 AM »
Commenting to follow! :<3:

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Got this great shot of her helmet

The cheeks are a light grey or heavily black washed white (might be easier to start with a light grey base). The main design is a light yellow - I am leaning towards the lighter yellow I used in my other Ursa kit. The circles are a darker yellow. And the entire design is outlined in the same color as the cheeks with a small dark grey pin stripe in-between in the yellow and the outline (much like my other kit - she seems to have a preferred style).

I was bored, so I sketched the design out on my helmet - I know it will be covered up once I start painting, but I wanted to try it out.

Also, her knees seem to be an odd color (as well as the knees of the generic Night Owls) so that's something I will have to keep a close eye on.

In this picture she is on the far left, just about off screen and you can see one of her knees clearly. And also the knees of the Night Owl behind her.

And here is a clearer shot of a Generic Night Owl where you can see the knees

This is a 'daylight' shot and they look almost yellow (with heavy black wash) and a similar color to the one on her helmet.

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Her knee color looks goldish-brown me to? Or at least, dark gold with a brown and black wash maybe?

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Padawan

• For a dreamer, night's the only time of day
« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2020, 03:26 PM »
I'm excited for this build!

Commenting to follow

-Sofia C
Nerf mod
Kuvira WIP
Because I love the adrenaline in my veins, I do whatever it takes

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Her knee color looks goldish-brown me to? Or at least, dark gold with a brown and black wash maybe?

Yeah, it looks be leaning to yellow in the daylight shot. I did a side by side and it looks like it could be the same color as on her helmet

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Mirdala Senaar’s TCW Ursa Wren Build
« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:25 PM »
I dig it, and I look forward to seeing you bring this to life :). Seems like you're very prepared to do the necessary reseach.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2020, 05:21 PM »
OK, took a stab at paper templates for the colllar, chest and ab plates. First attempt was way too wide and I had to trim a lot.

I think I need to bring up the bottom of the chest plates and maybe make the ab a bit shorter too. I think my belts are going to sit a bit higher than they are hitting now.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2020, 08:52 PM »
I mentioned already that the neck hole seemed a bit wide but the rest looks good to me! :) im impressed with your templating and will definitely need your help once it’s safe!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2020, 11:49 PM »
I tweaked my templates a bit - I made the neck hole smaller as Kryamla suggested and I added a bit of tasteful side boob on the chest plates. I don’t have a picture yet.

Meager shots of Ursa in this last episode, but we did get an almost full knees to head shot and a distant back shot.

I have updated my helmet sketch and added the back view.

I have ordered my belts and pouches from Delta13 here on the forum - I got his Bo Katan set with 2 of the pouches slightly larger.

I have also ordered my shoes. On the advice of Kryamla, I got the black Timberland Nellie boot, which is what she got for her first Bo.

https://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Womens-Nellie-Double-Waterproof/dp/B005B8AUXI?th=1

My gloves should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully the color is good. And hopefully they will be able to sell their dyed fabrics again soon.

My gauntlet, westars and jet pack are being printed and should be delivered sometime this week.

I also bought the same knees as Kryamla (she’s really been a huge help!)

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2020, 12:32 AM »
Glad to help! :D

Updated sketch is looking good! I’m not sure if the blue for the back helmet band is too dark? The generic Nite owls back band is a bit of a brighter blue and I’m wondering if hers is similar to that? But it’s hard to tell at the moment, hopefully we’ll see more of Ursa (in better lighting!) in next weeks episode :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2020, 02:56 AM »
I know you are going to just knock this outta the park!  Can't wait to see it.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Commenting to follow!!

Ca'tra Sarad

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Commenting to follow!

“Hey bounty hunter, when was the last time you brought someone in warm”?..

Brigades Application:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=4

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 300 Troops Celebration Anaheim 2022 200 troops 250 Troops 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2020, 12:25 AM »
Great work so far! I love the look of this kit and I know this build is in good hands!

Official Invasions: 265
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan

Arctic Ops WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174054.msg2027502#msg2027502

Post Imperial WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=200180.0
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2020, 10:34 PM »
Very impressing! Commenting to follow!

Cypher117

« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2020, 01:48 AM »
Looking like a great build... I feel like considering how cool the nite owls are the male deathwatch armors aren't nearly as cool... Though I am thinking of starting a Gar Saxon build.

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 12:14 PM »
OK, thank Filoni I now have so many more references. I am not sure if it is too soon to post the images from the new ep (and I have a lot of them), so I will just drop the link to my references album. These are from cap-that.com.

https://imgur.com/a/7n3InPC

The new details are - she either has a grey fabric block on the back of her gloves (with decorative stitching) or a really thin hand plate.
The back of her helmet has some Clan Wren flair as well. I am not 100% sure on the color of the band and the vents on the back - dark grey or navy blue.
Her hair is similarly styled to older Ursa, but bangs are pushed aside, center part, pulled back in 3 distinct sections and the hair bit is slightly different.

Based on how the shadows were falling on the chest plates, I have altered my template a bit - I removed the top dart and moved the bottom dart up and made it longer. I also changed up the angles on the outside edge.

I received my gloves and my boots. The gloves are a good color IMHO and will also be a good color for the flight suit (when they are selling fabric again). If the wait is too long, I will look elsewhere for fabric - Joanns has a lovely Navy stretch pontes.

I also drew up the rest of the templates for the bits I will be doing in sintra - cod, shoulder, thigh, and shin.

And here is an updated sketch of my helmet and main armor.

I will be placing an order with Imperial Surplus for the back plate and boot armor. I received the prints for my gauntlets, westars, and jet pack.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:18 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 02:07 PM »
That’s looking good! So glad for those back shots of her!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Looking back at my references, I can now see the yellow on the back of her helmet here, so that confirms it is her and the band is dark blue and the key slots are dark grey

Also I ordered a bunch of swatches from spandexworld.com because I am impatient for welovecolor.com and I want to see my options.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2020, 03:18 PM »
Yeah I can definitely see the dark blue band and dark key slots! Woo!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 10:52 PM »
I just want to take a moment and appreciate this bada**

OK, so I now have nice screen caps from cap-that.com.

https://i.imgur.com/sP2PDqz.jpg

I think I can now figure out the paint for the jet pack which is grey and blue.

I will be using Montana Gold paints. The yellow and greys are the same that I used for my other Ursa.

Yellow - Vanilla
Lighter Grey - Wall
Darker Grey - Roof
White - Shock White
Blue - Signal Blue

I have all the templates for my sintra pieces drawn and cut out in poster board.

I just have to do the templates for the holster boxes. Here is one of my pew pews for size reference on the thigh template

I have sanded my gauntlets. I am going to dremel out the inside of the wrist a bit so I can get my hand through easier and then I will glue them together so they are one piece. Then it’s primer and paint!

My new wig arrived and I got notified that my 3-D printed knees have shipped.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:38 PM by Mirdala Senaar » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 01:50 AM »
Are you planning on using the XTC stuff again? Or going to spot putty route?

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!