Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Armor and Bucket

• 66 Replies

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: My Armor and Bucket
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Looks awesome. Good job Sharon!! You and Sean busted your butts and have great looking sets of armor. I agree about the bareness of the thigh area. You mentioned a knife or holsters on the thigh, that could work. A loin cloth would go well with your kit.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Udesla Kyramud

• "Eloquence belongs to the Conqueror"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:07 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'll get right on the loin cloth.  My question is should it be made out of the same material as the girth belt or should it be red material?

Udesla Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:31 AM »
Kit looks great Udesla!  Great placement and really nice scheme.

My only suggestion would be to add a loin cloth.  This is going to be necessary in 2010 when the standards get a very minor upgrade, so you might as well do it now.  ;)

Thanks.  I'll start working on it now and should have it ready before the Fiesta Bowl.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Doesn't matter what color it is, but it should match your scheme I would think. =)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:24 PM »
I think a red or purple material would look real nice. The loincloth will be in place of an armor piece (aka a cod piece) and so I think it should match your actual armor plates. But that is just my opinion. You can use any color matching your armor scheme or the same sash material. Whatever floats your boat.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2010, 02:40 PM »

Thanks to Kime for awesome pics

Here's my finished kit.  It was great seeing a lot of Mercs at the bbq/photoshoot.  I'm definitely making more changes and I guess this is normal from what I've heard,  :D   I'm definitely not liking my loin cloth. Since we have to have a cod piece or loin cloth I'll be researching a lot of ideas, I'm changing my guants a bit and I'm getting rid of the bronze cheeks on the bucket.  I'm definitely changing my knee armor since it doesn't really fit the design of my kit.  Nothing like seeing pictures to help you realize what needs to change.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2010, 09:34 AM »
much better with the loin cloth, you got a nice piece of kit there. keep up the good work vod ;)

Ca Loar

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Personally I would leave the bronze on the cheeks. it looks awesome. And those gaunts man those are sweet.  :D

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I like how this set turned out a lot! Very pretty.

~

Jaden Tracyn

• Real mandos cry...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:51 PM »
i like the colors they fit well together, and great job on the armor! :)

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #35 on: Jan 08, 2010, 08:57 AM »

This is the new color scheme for the helmet.  So far everyone in my family, including my picky artistic oldest son, agree this matches my armor a lot better.  I haven't really done any weathering just because I wanted to wait just in case I need to make more changes.

I also decided to add some color to the back side of my kit (See pic below).  There is no color except for black, so I was thinking of shortening my cape to back of mid thigh and painting the Mando skull on the back of the cape in red.  Please feel free to critique!   ;D

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 08, 2010, 01:43 PM »
oooo, I like what you did with the cheeks.

Len'ya Sarsk

• Big Damn Hero
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #37 on: Jan 08, 2010, 01:55 PM »
I think the length of the cape works, but maybe if you weathered the edges of it, and dirtied it up a bit. :) Weathering soft parts can be fun once you take the scissors, etc. to them.

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #38 on: Jan 08, 2010, 02:50 PM »
oooo, I like what you did with the cheeks.
That was acutually my son's idea.  :D

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2010, 02:52 PM »
I think the length of the cape works, but maybe if you weathered the edges of it, and dirtied it up a bit. :) Weathering soft parts can be fun once you take the scissors, etc. to them.

I'll definitely look into it.  I was told I should also take a lighter to it just to give it that phaser look to it.

Len'ya Sarsk

• Big Damn Hero
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2010, 02:59 PM »
I'll definitely look into it.  I was told I should also take a lighter to it just to give it that phaser look to it.

Oh yeah, that works great, too.

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #41 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:28 PM »
I totally agree with A'den. Love the cheeks on your hemlet! All in all it looks great! :)

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Saberan Vhette

• No Retreat! No Surrender!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2010, 10:52 PM »
That is a good looking set!  I like the color scheme. It really works! Good Job!

« Reply #43 on: Jan 16, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Wicked awesome beskar'gam.

Why don't you like the loin cloth?  ?

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #44 on: Jan 17, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Thanks everyone.  There are more smaller changes to come as I refine everything.

« Reply #45 on: Jan 17, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I've a question about your boots.  Are those painted up, or spats, If spats what do you use to keep 'em on the boot?

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #46 on: Jan 19, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Wicked awesome beskar'gam.

Why don't you like the loin cloth?  ?

It's not really matching the design of my armor. I'm planning on keeping it, but changing it up a bit. Most of the shapes in my armor is octangular, so I'll change the bottom of it to that design and I'm also seriously thinking of adding the black and purple striping around the edge of the loin cloth. I think that'll pull everything together. 

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #47 on: Jan 19, 2010, 04:45 PM »
I've a question about your boots.  Are those painted up, or spats, If spats what do you use to keep 'em on the boot?
They're spats and shin armor that is painted.  The shin armor has tactical straps and buckles and the spats are kept on by elastic being held on by rivets that I slip on right over the foot.  That is Solus Kyr's (Thomas) handiwork.  If it weren't for Thomas and Allen [Ca-Loar (Variant)] I wouldn't have had this armor together already.  

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2011, 08:20 AM by Udesla Kyramud » Logged
« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Sounds good, thanks for the info on the spats.

Udesla Kyramud

« Reply #49 on: Jun 02, 2010, 03:05 AM »
Okay, I've added some more changes to my shoulders, guantlets and my cape. There was way too much black going on in the back and not enough color.  Tell me how you like the changes.  ;D

Added more to the shoulders with AZ Shonare Vhekadla Clan Sigil and my cape.

Just the shoulders

My guants and shoulder armor.

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2010, 08:36 PM by Udesla Kyramud » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!