Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ashura's WIP

• 10 Replies
Ashura's WIP
« on: Apr 22, 2020, 01:01 PM »
Good Morning;

After an issue with my kits Color/Design came up I needed to change it up. Here is the new Updated Color/Design of the kit. Starting with the Helmet;

Next up is the Torso Armor set up;

Next are my Gauntlets, 3D Printed Death Watch

Next Up is my Soft Parts

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2020, 06:25 AM by Ashura » Logged

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Ashura's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2020, 01:07 AM »
Glad to see your WIP started!  It’s looking good, and I can’t wait to see how it all looks on you so we can double check spacing and sizing.

Check out this link to see how to embed your photos into your posts, and let me know if you have any problems!

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73613.0

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2020, 05:24 AM »
I must admit, this colouring you chose is even better than the others.

If you still have a problem putting your photos on here directly after following those directions, try using a computer instead of your phone. For some reason this site doesn't like some phones posting the links, (my past few Samsung's being some of them).

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Todays Progress saw a quick test fit with my new Waist Sash being done. everything fit nicely which was a bonus. Im going with the loin cloth as a comfort choice and because it dosent look half bad. Also got Velcro sewin to my vest today which also helped to make some adjustments to my plates with the heat gun

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2020, 06:34 AM »
This is coming together so fast.

You know how to work an epidemic in your favour!

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2020, 07:14 PM »
Did an other test fit today (April 25) with the new Shin Plate and Knees. Everything is fitting nicely so far and my taping for the test wasnt working very well so my Shins and knees kept slipping, but all in all im happy with how its going

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2020, 08:22 PM »
Looks really good, Tony! I love your new colors.

WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=166497.0

Kebiin Bunn
#sherbetmando
MMCC #2336
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Good afternoon, over the last couple days iv bin working on weathering my soft parts. I even got my Mosin Nagant pouch's today to complete everything. I did an other fitting with every and im very happy with how its all turned out!

Ill start with the Soft Parts

I used a combination of 40 and 60 Grit Sandpaper for the damage and Black/Grey Acrylic Paint for the "dirty"

Now for the Fit with everything together

My cape is in need of a little weathering and i didnt have my Balaclava because I put that little bugger down 15mins before kitting up and I couldn't find it

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 03:07 AM »
Damn this has come together!

In regards for the cape/kama, may I recommend lighting it on fire a bit?  To make some holes near the bottom.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Here are a few Progress Photos that are a little late to the WIP. If you haven't noticed im terrible at progress photos. BUT! Im trying haha

Here we have my Cape that I worked on yesterday for weathering as well as some work I did for my shins as a 2nd method of retention other than Velcro.
I also have some extra kitted photos with better lighting.

Here we have my Cape,
I took a note from a friend and did a little burning at the bottom of it. First i started with with a pair of Scissors and cutting V Shapes in the bottom, I then took a lighter to it and let the flame do what it wanted for a few seconds. Afterwards I took a Spray Bottle with a Bleach/Water mix and went over the lower portion of the burned areas. I then went over it with some sandpaper just to give it a little rougher look. There was a spot that accidentally got a bit of bleach where I didn't want it so I took sandpaper to those little spot and just rolled with it.

Next up, My shins and my gloves, nothing really fancy to tell about them

Gloves

And heres a couple fun photos with with a neutral background and natural lighting

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 11:29 PM »
You're kit looks so amazing! So proud!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!