Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kal Skirata 3 sided knife

• 4 Replies
Kal Skirata 3 sided knife
« on: Apr 27, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Does anyone know where to find a Resin or plastic Kal Skirata 3 sided knife? I can find some in steel that would work but I cant find any in even 3d printed. Link below for reference:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/File:Kal_Skirata_Knife.png

Re: Kal Skirata 3 sided knife
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:03 PM »
I did a quick search and didn't find anything up for 3D models to print, but it's not *too* complicated of a design.

I also couldn't find many references for this aside from what you linked, and a post on someone's 501st approval where they had a single picture of their knife.

Specific details aside, I made this model which can be adjusted to proper dimensions and tweaked as necessary. Extra detail can be sanded in during the finishing stage if it goes the 3D printing route:

Assuming, of course, that nothing better comes along.

PorkRoll

• try to avoid a mandon't
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 07:31 AM »
I was thinking about using an architecture
scale ruler as a base file down to a point and add a handle

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Try looking at the plastic CIA daggers these are available at a lot of gun shows as well for $5 TO $15

Vorpan
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2020, 12:40 PM »
I was thinking of filing down a plastic tent stake. A lot of those are 3 bladed.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!