Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Belt, pouch, holster combo question

• 3 Replies
Belt, pouch, holster combo question
« on: May 07, 2020, 05:52 PM »

I'm thinking of using the following combination for my ammo belt, holster, and ammo pouches (along with a red sash or girth belt to complete the requirements).  The belt is already owned, but I'm still shopping for pouches/holster.  Also the pouches I'll be getting will be black, not brown.

The reason I wanted to bring it up here is that I've seen a lot about how items that are too "tacticool" should be avoided, but not so much about items that go the other way.  I feel like these would probably be fine, but given that the holster is basically pirate-style and the pouches are steampunkish, I wanted to ensure nothing would be off about these choices either.  Any feedback, positive or negative, is welcome.

Total Newb

Kurz

Re: Belt, pouch, holster combo question
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 03:28 AM »
I'm no app team nor OM, but I think what you found is good to go. A lot of rivets in my opinion, but that's personal preference. You can easily find some old cheap ww2 ammo pouches that look like that  :like:. I understand the struggle finding leather soft parts. I ended making my own.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 07:19 AM »
OLD military surplus bits and leather goods tend to fit the SW aesthetic, as the costume and prop designers of the original trilogy used a lot of WWI and WWII surplus.  Modern military surplus doesn't.

Worst case, you may need to change the buckles on the pouches,  but that's a worst case.  The rest should be good to go.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, y'all.  I can take or leave the pouches, but I'm a little more attached to the holster since I was planning on using a Pyke blaster for my sidearm and the holster would be ideal since its design reflects flintlock pistols. 

Total Newb

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!