Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rifle based on FG42 and if it's approvable or not

• 7 Replies
Rifle based on FG42 and if it's approvable or not
« on: May 10, 2020, 07:01 AM »
Hi all,

Throwing a question to the wider community.

Here is a scratch built rifle based on the real world FG42. In universe I'm calling it a custom modified DLT20A.
Question is: is it an approvable arm for a post empire kit.

The real weapon it's based on:

Reasons and such:
Since 'The Mandalorian' had so many firearms that are slightly modified versions of real world weapons, I decided to make one along the same lines.

Changes from the original:
The magazine is tiny, much like the e11/sterling.
The front bipod has been changed to a cooling sheath.
I've left everything else alone as this is already a very strange looking gun, with its very swept grip and unique flash suppressor.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
Re: Rifle based on FG42 and if it's approvable or not
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 09:08 AM »
An excellent rule of thumb is that if it's a rifle from WW2 it's going to ALWAYS be the best possible base for a star wars blaster  :laugh: The DLT-19 blaster rifle used by Chewie on the Death Star was just an MG 34 GPMG with almost nothing else done to it after all.

Personally I think it's perfect! Definitely unique as well, it's refreshing to see something that isn't a Wester 35 or a Verpine Shatter Rifle  :laugh: Though I will give full credit to those who build them because some turn out absolutely gorgeous.

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Nicely done! How does that grip work? 

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 12:25 PM »

It's basically just like holding a semi-pistol grip on a shotgun or rifle in terms of the angle. It just happens to be on a separate, actual pistol grip as opposed to being located between the stock and receiver.

It looks extremely odd but it's actually more comfortable than it appears  :laugh: at least, the replica FG42 I handled two years ago with that grip did, a prop might be different.

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 12:37 AM »

As Shurik said, it works pretty well when your holding it up to your shoulder. It's wonky to hold when not shouldered, so I tend to grab it by the join between the receiver and butt when casually carrying.

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Oeehhh awesome to see an FG42 pop up here, am also working on an FG42 blaster :D
Your blaster looks great, where did you get your parts from? I assume you printed it?

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Oeehhh awesome to see an FG42 pop up here, am also working on an FG42 blaster :D
Your blaster looks great, where did you get your parts from? I assume you printed it?

Thanks for the praise! Yes, the blaster is designed and printed myself.

Nirob

• What doesn't kill me dies.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration 40% increase or more
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Really cool. Made mine out of wood back in the days.

The blasters I  made that were based on the FG  all got approved.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!