Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New metal helmet wip(almost finished)

• 1 Replies

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
New metal helmet wip(almost finished)
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:38 PM »
So got the itch again to build a metal bucket.  This time based off of the Heavy Infantry (Paz Visla) design. As with my past builds I used a civil defense helmet for the dome and 22 guage steel for the rest.  In the past I brazed the helmets together, this time I decided to try welding.
This is where it started at, dome and first layer welded then second layer to start defining it.

Next step after welding down the second layer was to cut the cheeks and a portion of the visor.  The visor cut is so I can weld the 2 layers together along the visor.  Also made and installed a cheek.

Here the cheeks are installed and it is ready for grinding.

Here it is initial grinding done and planning the earcaps.  Wanted something different non traditional so to speak.

The earcaps installation is finished and I did something I haven't done before and added antennas to one earcap.  Also cut vent/ keyholes in the back.

Here we are primer coat down and trying to sort out color scheme.

Will add more progress pics and steps over a few days.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:02 PM by Zohar Nef » Logged
There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
Re: New metal helmet wip(almost finished)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 05:47 PM »
Looks great ner vod!  Out of curiosity, any reason you went with 22 gauge for the rest?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!