Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

trauma plates

• 0 Replies
trauma plates
« on: May 23, 2020, 09:52 PM »
Quick question, I am a little confused about what people mean by "trauma plates" and where they sit in relation to the hard armor. It seems like the soft padding would go underneath and further deaden the blow received but I've seen some posts and it almost seems like they call their trauma plates extra layers on top of the regular armor. I'm sure I'm just misreading something or thinking about it too hard, I just don't want to do things wrong, or at least call them the wrong thing. I'm thinking of putting some craft foam underneath main plates for some depth and want to know if I have to paint them to also look like armor (silver layered for weathering damage and such)

this is my kit so far (please excuse the messy workspace, my apartment isn't a prime forge), collar, chest, abs, and thighs are craft foam with some bondo as an experiment (the foam was a lot cheaper than the kydex I have in the mail now to replace it). Back plate and shins/foot covers are pvc foam with a mostly done paint, helmet is 3d printed

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!