Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hello from Vancouver! Hopeful Newb with a WIP concept going

• 5 Replies
Hey everyone  :)
I have always wanted to do cosplay, and ever since I saw you guys at Fan Expo Vancouver I have always wanted to join you. I am currently getting some of my sintra pvc materials and equipment together for my first armour cutting session. I have downloaded the basic Jango Fett 5-9 armor files and will probably start off a modern build for my Mandalorian.

All of this seems a bit intimidating, but I know I can do it! I'll just need to get advice from the wise ones.  :D

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Hello from Vancouver! Hopeful Newb with a WIP concept going
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:55 PM »
Welcome to the forums! Im the Ruus'alore Solyc for the clan, and will be a guide for you in the armour making process, as well as helping you make an approvable kit 🙂 I live in Burnaby, and in less trying times, we have armour parties every couple of weeks, and Im looking forward to doing that again soon.   Send me a message if you have any questions at all.

A few hints to help you start out.....If you have any sketches, or ideas, you can post them in the "armor concept" section of the boards, that way people who have more experience can help guide you to make sure that the kit that you want to make, is going to be approvable.  Also- it is key to print out the templates, and cut them out and tape them to yourself, so that before you start cutting sintra you can make sure that the plates are going to be the right size for you.

Looking forward to helping you on your build!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2020, 01:01 PM »
Hey Kayras, welcome to the boards.  I look forward to seeing you around!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2020, 11:02 PM »
Welcome!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Firemaester

• We bleed, exhaust ourselves, and die.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:19 PM »
Greetings! More mandos yay

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2020, 04:24 AM »
Welcome!

You certainly came to the right place!

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!