Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first bucket build

• 0 Replies
My first bucket build
« on: Jul 02, 2020, 12:12 PM »
I got a pretty rough print of The Mandalorian helmet, the print that I got didn't have any ears on it, only placeholders for where the ears should go. I wanted a range finder, which the print really wasn't meant for one, but with a little elbow grease I was able to get a pretty good looking helmet.

I started out with it in 2 pieces, once glued together I did a lot of wood filler, filler primer, and sanding. I had to fill in the ears placeholders that came on the helmet so that I could add on my own ears.

Once all the sanding was done I put on a black under coat, I have heard that if you want your silver to really shine then you should start with a black under coat.

I then put the silver coat on and used Maskol to add some weathering effects. I used the weathering effects to try and hide my sloppy ear job as battle damage.

Next was the gun-metal and bronze paint.

Then the visor and the rangefinder.

Then added electronics on the rangefinder for some light effects.

Everything is attached with either magnets or screws and bolts. I wanted to be able to upgrade the bucket if I ever wanted to, so no glue was used. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!