Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - LC Helmet design

• 1 Replies

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
Question - LC Helmet design
« on: Jul 03, 2020, 09:42 PM »
I have a question about:

My Ruusalor said I should check with the app team before going fully into this design, I am working on a way to cover the seam that allows the helmet to open to admit my head, and I thought of this.

The idea is to make a crest of spikes to imitate a dragon/lizard style, that would also cover the seam when paired with earcaps. The kit will be a light desert themed kit, so I thought it could work like imitating a krayt dragon or similar. The spikes would be carved to look like the spikes are mounted in metal, trying to avoid the EC 'bone' look and keep it LC.

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!

Shev'la Ram'ser

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Question - LC Helmet design
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2020, 08:52 AM »
I have a question about:

My Ruusalor said I should check with the app team before going fully into this design, I am working on a way to cover the seam that allows the helmet to open to admit my head, and I thought of this.

The idea is to make a crest of spikes to imitate a dragon/lizard style, that would also cover the seam when paired with earcaps. The kit will be a light desert themed kit, so I thought it could work like imitating a krayt dragon or similar. The spikes would be carved to look like the spikes are mounted in metal, trying to avoid the EC 'bone' look and keep it LC.

Whenever it comes to Early / Late Crusader helmets its best to have some reference pic to back up the design, While your helmet without the scales is ok to use, the scales themselves are used more on Early crusader kits.

If you look at the reference pics in the link below you can see that majority of LC have an old tech look to them compared to EC

Crusader Reference Images
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153455.0

Early Crusader Reference Images
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153453.0

So the goal should be to closely mimic the era your going for.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!