Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bladeputor gauntlets

• 4 Replies
Bladeputor gauntlets
« on: Jul 04, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Finally gave up on Sintra gauntlets and am working on some to print. This is where I'm at on the left one so far.
These are designed to fit the small mandoputer.
The blade is designed to be held in place in both positions by a small magnet. I'm thinking of getting a small mythosaur cabochon to use as a slider knob.
The buttons and switch might be replaced with working ones if I find some I like.

I'm primarily wondering if the offset angle of the screen looks too weird. It's aligned with the outside of the gauntlet so I don't have to turn my arm over as far to read it level. Does that look alright or should I align it with the centerline of the gauntlet?
EDIT: Already decided I didn't like it. New version on top.

« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2020, 12:01 AM by Mikki429 » Logged
Re: Bladeputor gauntlets
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2020, 03:15 PM »
I'd look at  some other pictures but the ones I've recently printed are not center aligned.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2020, 03:19 PM by karmajay » Logged
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2020, 09:17 PM »
It's okay off center on one axis but not two, I think. Anyway I got my mandoputer in the mail recently and it's thicker than I imagined, so I had to redesign the housing. I'll be adding some buttons, switches and other greebles once it's printed.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2021, 01:46 AM »
Got it printed and finished and my magnets came in the other day so here it is! Still need something for the top of the slide control - I'm thinking a little Mythosaur skull.
Blade and blade cover are laser cut 1/8" acrylic. I used 1/16" x 3/8" magnets to keep it in its closed and open positions. It takes just a little push to get it to slide back in.

Tyko-Suum

• Awards Clan Growth
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2021, 08:07 PM »
Great job man!! I'm trying to do sth like that but I cannot think of a mecanism to spring the blade. Anyway, your looks fantastic!! :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!