Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor placement tip for solo builds

• 2 Replies

Kenoh Ra'h

• May the torches of the fallen guide your way home
Armor placement tip for solo builds
« on: Apr 21, 2021, 08:37 AM »
I cam across a problem in the process of trying to finish my kit.

I am at the stage of placement of the armor plates onto the soft parts .
Im using Velcro and its just me so I was having a rough time trying to mark off where I need to sew the Velcro.. every time i moved, something shifted before i could mark or pin the Velcro since i had to wear my flak vest in order to get the right placement.

after walking away for a bit i had an idea..

Baby powder..

The Velcro with the sticky side was already placed on the armor.. that was the easy part.

Now the Velcro without the sticky back that gets sewn to the soft parts was joined with the hook side like normal..

This is where the baby powder came in.. i sprinkled it on the non sticky back of the  loop side .. shook off the excess and moved the collar to where I wanted it.. sat it down and gave a few smacks from one end to the other.. it left baby power where the Velcro should be sewn... worked just as a chalk line would when building..

I didnt get a picture with the baby powder on the back  but im sure you got the idea..

Hope this helps someone out whos stuck without some extra hands

currently it is only pinned in place so the strip is not even close to fully attached...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Jayt skybreak

• "The third edge of this blade is the Mandalorian."
Re: Armor placement tip for solo builds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2021, 11:20 AM »
Oh, baby powder is definitely a good idea! I had used white chalk to create a powder, but baby powder sounds like it would be much easier!

-Ibic te manda

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Armor placement tip for solo builds
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2021, 12:01 PM »
Yeah... I've done chalk before (rubbing it on roughly so it leaves dust behind), but baby powder would do the trick just as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!