Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

jimís post-imperial v10 mando

• 5 Replies

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
jimís post-imperial v10 mando
« on: Jun 26, 2020, 07:41 PM »
tl;dr hi iím jim i used to make metal armor and stuff and was generally really annoying but then i was stupid at a con and a black-listed event and was off the forums for a while and now iím back. letís build some stuff  :)

iíd been planning a revisit to my mando costume for a while. i sold my original steel suit off back in 2016, but the crafting bug had bit me after s1 of Ďthe mandalorian,í and the release of merchandise
i wanted to give a subtle nod to my old suit, with this refined ďv.10...Ē

... while also embracing the new look for mandos in disneyís canon. thankfully, more merch was starting to come out, and we got a decent-enough look at this fella:

boom. we have a vague idea of what to do

i linked up with a buddy of mine to work on some live-action chest plate templates. i donít claim that theyíre the best, but theyíre an option

after some massive headache restoring my old marrow sun custom helmet, and even more d***ing around with sharp objects and sintra, i got to play around with some graphite powder. this stuff is absolutely killer, yíall, and i definitely recommend you grab a bottle of it

i then went on to redo the chest like 4 times because the clearcoat kept orange peeling, but finally managed to get some paint to stick that i liked

other than that, iíve gotten a rough start on shoulder and thigh templates, have found a lot of old misc. pouches to reuse for this kit, picked up a flightsuit (to bleach and redye darker brown), 3d printed gauntlets, and a whole MESS of blaster kits, and have sourced, finally, a place to get some shin plates instead of gaiters

holy cow, thanks for sticking to the end of this mess. iím wrapping up a cross-country move as iím writing this post, so updates will be a little sporadic! i plan on having at LEAST a wearable version of this costume done by the end of the year. any and all feedback is appreciated!
deuces!

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2020, 09:08 AM by Manbrolorian » Logged
he/him
black lives matter!

Ca Loar

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: jimís post-imperial mando :PIC/TEXT HEAVY YEEHAW:
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:19 AM »
Awesome Start! Glad to see more Post Imperial Mandos coming up. Almost done with mine!
Cheers!

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

Awall

• None of us are as smart as ALL of us
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault
Re: jimís post-imperial mando :PIC/TEXT HEAVY YEEHAW:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2020, 10:04 PM »
 :like:

Rancor Clan     #2385
Oribru Akaata #56   Emergency Battalion

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
Re: jimís post-imperial v10 mando
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2020, 09:08 AM »
quick update. got my vest in yesterday!
 i opted to get the MShow Cosplay vest off ebay for $80. it has a faux leather ďbeskarĒ chest and back plate sewn onto it, but those will be easy enough to remove with a seam ripper. i think iím gonna dye it a richer tan, too
sizing reference, iím 6í2, 190lbs. i ordered a 2XL and it fits PERFECTLY

he/him
black lives matter!

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2020, 01:05 PM »
double post, sorry. got the ďbeskarĒ off, everything pinned up a bit for alteration, and did a quick dry fit of the chest plate

he/him
black lives matter!

Zaroc

• Honneur aux armes - Respect aux maÓtres
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Family events Special Weapons Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2020, 04:22 AM »
Nice work!

Just so you know, in the first draft of the Post Imp Crl, it was written : " Armor plates may not extend past the edge of the flak vest and may not touch accepted waist items".

It might be changed but I don't think it will be 

PWS #009 - New Death Watch Order #43 - O.O.P.S. ! #49
Zaroc - Brigade approved as Privateer/Gunslinger
Ogm'a - Archaelorian/Scavenger

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!