Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Update from a previous thread regarding my frustrations with sintra.

• 3 Replies
I think I'm finally getting the hang of working with Sintra.

https://i.imgur.com/xr25bPz.jpeg

https://imgur.com/a/NnsCTQP

Not entirely sure it's approvable, but I'm still happy with how it turned out.

Your edges and angles appear to be pretty good; I look at the pieces and I'm seeing P/I heavy mando body armor. I've heard it's possible (not for me yet, not that good at sintra either) to score the back side and fold with some heat, much like with EVA, to punch up the crispness on your edges. That would also help avoid the pain in the butt of gluing multiple panels together at funky angles and sanding the corners smooth around bondo and adhesives and all that.  Check out this helpful video for some tips on working sintra that way.
Also see Flo Brin's work. It's a Bo-Katan style but there's good views of the inside in progress, and Flo has also translated EVA skills to Sintra.

Honestly the biggest issue I see is you could sand the base surface a little more and you might have put your paint on a little thick. The surface texture looks a little off, like it's started to orange-peel a bit. In cooler weather it's tough to get the right touch.  More light coats is always better than one thick coat.  Try warming your rattle can in a bucket of warm water before spraying (it's actually helpful in any weather, but more so when temps are at the lower end of acceptable). Shake it up well, let it sit in the warm water five minutes, then shake it again for a little bit and then spray. Keep your workpiece as warm as you can until the last minute as well.

Doing progress, keep it up!

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ invasions Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member
Look at that!  You did great  :like:

Second Son offered some great advice for improving what you have.  This is a great base to work off of.   :)

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons Post Imperial Build

Aster Veris

• CEO of socks
Plates look awesome! Great job vod!

MMCC #2630 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!