Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

2nd Kit - Post Imperial Build

• 72 Replies

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: 2nd Kit - Post Imperial Build
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2020, 01:46 PM »
Update time!

Gave the bucket a silver coat as I find it's the least forgiving when it comes to imperfections. Found I needed a bit more sanding in some high spots and the dome seam still wasn't perfect in places. Gave the entire thing a thorough wet-sanding (hence the visible lines from the layers of paint) and filled the dome seam more. Hoping to get another primer coat and possibly they first color coat on it today.

Also reprinted the chest and finally got good connecting edges by changing the print orientation. Only downside is it will take more filler now. Got most of the way through the first go of glazing putty until I ran out. I'll pick up more later this week.

EDIT:

Oh! Forgot to mention that I got my gloves in! Ended up going with a different pair than initially planned and I really love the look. Just need to weather, hide the logos, and actually attach the hand plates.

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020, 01:51 PM by Jenga Feet » Logged
#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36 | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019 - Current

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2020, 08:48 PM »
THREAD: REVIVE!!!!

It's been a bit but I'm still at it! Got my base colors down. Just need some cleanup in a few spots, detail painting, and weathering  :D

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36 | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019 - Current

MercOfSteel

• This is the way.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Looks great!

TheMarinedalorian

• AJ and Rayna
« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Really excellent work! Can't wait to see more progress!

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum, J.W.

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Thanks for the kind words!

Got the chipping portion of the weathering done last night. I added it via brush instead of my usual latex masking, so tried something new. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but ill continue with the airbrushing and washes next and see how I feel about the outcome.

Cdeal

« Reply #20 on: Nov 12, 2020, 03:12 PM »
i love the weathering on this!

noBiggie

• When I left you, I was but the learner.
« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Chipping looks good to me!

Froboy696

• Follow your dreams even when they're out of reach~
« Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Damn it's looking promising!

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:16 PM »
The newest mando episdoe had me so pumped that I banged out (almost) the rest of the paint! Weathering all done! Just needs the orange killstripes.

I'm super pleased with the result  :D

Cdeal

« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2020, 03:22 PM »
loving the weathering!

compdrag

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Looks awesome Vod keep up the work I'm watching this one very closely. Love the helmet I may pick the file up to print it just for the shelf.

Aran Skirata

• Ori'haat
« Reply #26 on: Nov 20, 2020, 02:02 AM »
Looking GREAT! Having a hard time deciding between the Ironside and the NME Stalker for my eventual post-imperial kit, and this is a strong case for the Ironside.

This is the way.
« Reply #27 on: Nov 20, 2020, 08:14 AM »
Wow that helmet is Amazing!  :o Did you design it yourself or is it from a file available?

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Nov 20, 2020, 09:59 AM »
Really digging where this is going dude. That weathering on the bucket is top notch. Very well done.

My only 2 cents, based off of your concept art, would be to add the sigil to one of the shoulder bells instead of the chest plate - for some reason it just looks "off" to me with it being placed there.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2020, 07:35 PM »
Another progress dump! Finished up my bucket today  :D

Masked off my stripes by tracing 12 of boba’s stripes on to painters tape and cutting them out with an exacto blade. The. I masked off the damage with masking fluid and airbrushed a light to dark orange gradient.

Then I installed my visor and padding and he’s all done! Moving on to the chest plates next.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!