Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

2nd Kit - Post Imperial Build

• 62 Replies

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: 2nd Kit - Post Imperial Build
« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2021, 08:17 PM »
My gosh I love this kit so far.

MMCC #1484¦¦50 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¦ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #46 on: Feb 12, 2021, 09:39 AM »
My gosh I love this kit so far.

Same! Looking pretty great  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2021, 09:22 PM »
really cool build,, why sugar out when u painting shoulder parts

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 04:36 PM »
Been a hot second since I last updated!

I've been primarily helping friends get their kits off the ground but I finally found some time to get some of my own work done  :D

First off, I tweaked my design. I wanted some more contrast so I decided to make my gauntlets yellow to contrast the base colors of the kit, and match the kill stripe accent color! Plus I couldn't resist putting just a bit of bright color back in.

I'll likely continue to add it as an accent as I go through more pieces.

Got my gauntlets printed, smoothed, and the majority of the base paint done. Still needs some more detail painting and weathering!

I also printing out the base of one shin. It BARELY fits around my huge calves but I think it will work  :P

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Insane job getting little to no bleed around those buttons. What's your secret!?  :laugh:

MMCC #1484¦¦50 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¦ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2021, 08:18 PM »
Your gauntlets rock!!!  :like:

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2021, 06:40 PM »
Insane job getting little to no bleed around those buttons. What's your secret!?  :laugh:

Haha a small brush and a lot of cursing  :P

Speaking of the gauntlets though, I finished them up this afternoon! Working from home has made mando things so easy. Chipping added this morning and airbrushed on my lunch break and after I clocked out for the day.

Jennari

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2021, 07:38 PM »
Cool! Where'd you get them?

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2021, 07:41 PM »
Cool! Where'd you get them?

Printed myself! :) Free files on thingiverse

Jennari

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2021, 11:38 PM »
Got a link?

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2021, 09:44 AM »
Those gauntlets are looking fresh!

Question - what are your plans for the thighs? That's a really large blank canvas - thigh holsters? thigh pouches? thigh plates? plate holsters? a lot of long dangly belt accessories? So many options  :laugh:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2021, 12:55 PM »
You kit it looking awesome so far! Great work! I'm also looking into doing the "Ironside" helmet in my kit as well as soon as I can find someone with a working 3-D printer. Any tips, tricks or suggestions you have for printing and completing the Ironside?

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2021, 01:07 PM »
Bucket is 99% printed! Just the keyslots left which are printing now. I'm very happy with the quality of these files. Xol did a fantastic job.

EDIT:

Also finalized the bucket color scheme and decided on a character name  :D

Is that some kind of Mando helmet creator app or something? How did you put a color scheme to your helmet?

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2021, 02:33 PM »
Posted by: Jennari
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:38 PM »

Got a link?

It's in this bundle

Posted by: Fenn Beviin
« on: May 04, 2021, 09:44 AM »

Those gauntlets are looking fresh!

Question - what are your plans for the thighs? That's a really large blank canvas - thigh holsters? thigh pouches? thigh plates? plate holsters? a lot of long dangly belt accessories? So many options 

Yeah I'm not quite sure yet hahaha. Once I have the soft parts I'll try a few things and see what sticks  :D

Is that some kind of Mando helmet creator app or something? How did you put a color scheme to your helmet?

When you purchase the files they come with a blank template. I colored it in photoshop

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #59 on: Jun 03, 2021, 05:19 PM »
The mailman made me very happy today. Soft parts finally came in! They are by the DarkSide Closet and let me tell you they were worth the wait.

The nicest mando soft parts I've ever seen and fit PERFECTLY. I cannot recommend them enough. I'll need to punch up the weathering to match my paint but otherwise they just need some velcro!

Excuse my naked hands  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!