Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

2nd Kit - Post Imperial Build

• 72 Replies

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: 2nd Kit - Post Imperial Build
« Reply #60 on: Jun 06, 2021, 06:45 PM »
Got some Velcro one the plates today!

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36 | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019 - Current

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #61 on: Jun 09, 2021, 11:36 PM »
I am digging this build!   :<3:

Oh... I accidentally bought a Post-Imp vest today. Oops...

MMCC #1484¦¦50 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¦ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #62 on: Jun 14, 2021, 08:02 AM »
I am digging this build!   :<3:

Oh... I accidentally bought a Post-Imp vest today. Oops...

Hehehe ohh nooooo, an excuse to build a killer kit  :P

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 36 | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019 - Current

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #63 on: Jul 06, 2021, 05:23 PM »
An update for you all! Finally dragged myself to the basement to work more on filling 3D print lines. I've been using UV resin to speed up the process. It's stinkier and messier, but definitely faster than spot putty.

Here's one shin in progress

I also dirtied up my vest! Looks much better now.

Nathan Fewell

• Ogir'olar k'oyacyi!
« Reply #64 on: Jul 09, 2021, 12:45 PM »
Wow that is some beautiful work vod! I love how the colors just blend so well together, excellent color combination.

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #65 on: Jul 16, 2021, 09:54 PM »
More leg progress!

This is has by far been the most tedious piece since the helmet, and now I have to do the other one  :laugh:

Here's the journey from base colors to weathered. The entire shin is held together with strategically placed velcro.

evening.echiveria

• CEO of socks
« Reply #66 on: Jul 16, 2021, 10:05 PM »
Wow that looks great!

they/them | mav oya'la clan | Aster WIP

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #67 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:29 AM »
That's killer. I have no words for how awesome that turned out. Just wow.  :o

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #68 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:36 PM »
Kurshi, your compliments mean a ton considering I've always admired your kit!!!  :D

Working on hip plates now and the back plate is on the printer!

Primed and ready for red. Hoping to get this first hip finished tonight and the second by tomorrow.

As I've been working on my own kit, I've ALSO been working on several friend kits!

Here's my "finished pieces" shelf which includes some of my own gauntlets and shin, but also my friend's armor!

And in the basement workshop we have another liege and ursa wren style in progress for two more friends. All for post imperial squad.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #69 on: Jul 19, 2021, 09:46 PM »
I really appreciate that! Thank you!

It's so fun to watch each other build and think, "Man, I'd like to meet them and get a picture together some day."  :laugh:

I've been a bit hesitant to try to do any large print jobs especially since I'm fairly new to 3d printing. I don't know how exactly to slice things to print them in pieces because I don't think it's possible in cura. But I'm antsy to just try to print some post imp parts for my "Oops" vest that I bought. Haha.

All that to say, your prints are gorgeous!

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
« Reply #70 on: Jul 19, 2021, 11:26 PM »
I really appreciate that! Thank you!

It's so fun to watch each other build and think, "Man, I'd like to meet them and get a picture together some day."  :laugh:

I've been a bit hesitant to try to do any large print jobs especially since I'm fairly new to 3d printing. I don't know how exactly to slice things to print them in pieces because I don't think it's possible in cura. But I'm antsy to just try to print some post imp parts for my "Oops" vest that I bought. Haha.

All that to say, your prints are gorgeous!

It definitely took years of trial and error! hahaha.

You can't cut in cura, but you can in a free program called meshmixer. I use it frequently to slice things up before printing. Tons of youtube tutorials!!

evening.echiveria

• CEO of socks
« Reply #71 on: Jul 20, 2021, 12:11 AM »
The "finished pieces" shelf looks SO COOL....... makes me really want to make some post-imp armor

they/them | mav oya'la clan | Aster WIP

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #72 on: Jul 20, 2021, 08:22 AM »
You can't cut in cura, but you can in a free program called meshmixer. I use it frequently to slice things up before printing. Tons of youtube tutorials!!

I'll check that out. Thank you!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!