Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Luthien's Season 7 Bo Katan build thread

• 75 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Luthien's Season 7 Bo Katan build thread
« Reply #25 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:37 AM »
Oh that jetpack looks lovely :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Sabine

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #26 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:19 AM »
That jet pack is gorgeous. Where is it from?

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 96 OM Invasions
« Reply #27 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:52 PM »
That jet pack is gorgeous. Where is it from?

Thank you!  The print file is from thingiverse... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4184843      and I had a local builder print and paint it for me.

« Reply #28 on: Sep 10, 2020, 05:01 PM »
Thank you!  The print file is from thingiverse... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4184843      and I had a local builder print and paint it for me.

I am currently in the process of printing this file now (its a beast of a print job and I'm repressing the thought of all the sanding/priming/gluing/filling/bondo in my future). I'm hoping mine will look almost as amazing when finished! So, thanks for the reassurance and motivation boost! It looks so good!

« Reply #29 on: Sep 12, 2020, 12:56 PM »
Back to the grind... I've got the knee plates trimmed and assembled, and added the return edge back to my neck plate.
3F8F384E-9A1B-431E-9CE9-43BFE3211CA6 by Beren97, on Flickr

8EB29CF8-6FE7-4108-84E7-8EF3D6E4A5B5 by Beren97, on Flickr

« Reply #30 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:26 PM »
My belts, pouches, and straps arrived today!  Thank you DeltaLeatherWorks!  These items are beautiful!!!

« Reply #31 on: Sep 20, 2020, 01:54 PM »
As I finish up work on the harness, I made snap plates and strap connections for the jet pack.  I'll add magnets later to align the jetpack with the back plate, but placed the clips where I did so there would be enough slack for me to connect/disconnect them.

B54FDE0B-637B-4BD6-8F1F-592252E10F41 by Beren97, on Flickr

« Reply #32 on: Sep 25, 2020, 02:21 PM »
I have been working to reshape the breast plates to make them more accurate for this version of Bo Katan.   Please let me know what you think.  I added the return edge back, and then flattened the crease across the front by heat forming a piece of Sintra to the back, sanding down the crease, and filling in the gap with abs paste and Bondo.

Original breast plate:
F49705A3-F588-42B5-BFDC-BB46CB179797 by Beren97, on Flickr

Modifications:

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2020, 02:25 PM by Luthien » Logged
« Reply #33 on: Sep 26, 2020, 03:38 PM »
Harness completed today with adjustable straps...

[/url]9pl9FMlIQoK5urcyrck%RA by Beren97, on Flickr

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Sep 26, 2020, 03:55 PM »
I think that’s looking pretty good! How do they compare side by side with a screenshot? I find that really helpful for shape, proportions, etc :)

Harness looks good!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #35 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:44 PM »
I think that’s looking pretty good! How do they compare side by side with a screenshot? I find that really helpful for shape, proportions, etc :)

Harness looks good!

Thanks!!! 

« Reply #36 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:29 PM »
My gauntlets arrived this week from Australia!  Thank you  April Storm, they look amazing!!   I'll be using the red and white LED buttons and other parts.  Just curious, are the blue or green buttons ever used for Bo Katan?

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #37 on: Oct 02, 2020, 10:33 PM »
Yay for gauntlets!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #38 on: Oct 10, 2020, 05:44 PM »
Progress...  here are my completed shoes and shins, complete with leather straps.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #39 on: Oct 10, 2020, 08:22 PM »
Looking good!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #40 on: Oct 11, 2020, 06:21 PM »
I made progress today with the thigh armor.  The leather panels that I received were too big, so after securing them to the back of the armor, I marked and trimmed away the excess, and then attached the panels using 4 Chicago screws. 

The cardboard cut out represents the actual size of the armor, but the leather panels looked too big for me.

Chicago screws attached on either side using "snap plate" concept, but the  center ones go through the armor since they are hidden by the holster.

+VaD9E39Qca1%ltph7pHaA by Beren97, on Flickr

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #41 on: Oct 11, 2020, 09:48 PM »
Oh this is an excellent way to attach the leather to the plate!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #42 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:47 PM »
I've got the jet pack and back plate configuration all set up, and I've made progress with the flak jacket including adding bias tape to the sleeves.  The clips are passed through the back plate and snap into the jet pack clips.  To keep the jet pack from tipping backwards, I've added a pair of neodynium magnets which I will have to paint later.  The back plate is held in place simply from the pressure of the jet pack.

The back of the flak jacket with the straps passing through:

I opened up the slots on the back plate after this photo to allow the clips to pass through without binding.  The slots now look more like small squares:

Xjg5d%r+QOy2d4WZWjY7GA by Beren97, on Flickr

O98ZXuGTRmyaL+Z3zFoqhQ by Beren97, on Flickr

AOXEm%KeSE6utXWwDcoqjQ by Beren97, on Flickr

The magnet sits between the jet pack and back plate but is still visible if you are looking for it.  I'll paint these later to hide them:
ebsuGPK8S3yCexde7KmjEw by Beren97, on Flickr

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #43 on: Oct 18, 2020, 08:30 PM »
Looks great to me! I think painting that magnet will do the trick.

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #44 on: Oct 23, 2020, 07:42 PM »
I've got the gauntlets and breast plates finished up including electronics.  I'll have to pad the gauntlets with EVA foam to keep them from rattling around later, and I am happy with the final contour of the breast plates considering where I started.

« Reply #45 on: Oct 24, 2020, 01:08 PM »
Finished knee plates including blue leather straps, and got the lower legs on for a quick test fit.

Ta%mR3CFSje9oOSLdQ9A2Q by Beren97, on Flickr

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #46 on: Oct 24, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Looking good so far! :D

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2020, 07:41 PM »
Westar-35 blasters...  printed and painted, and they fit nicely in the holsters!

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #48 on: Nov 03, 2020, 09:36 PM »
Amazing build so far! Can't wait to see it all together :D

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003
« Reply #49 on: Nov 14, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Had time to try on most of the gear today.   I still have some tweaking to do... I need to add more Velcro to the thighs,  pad the ab piece, shorten the flak jacket, and I need to work the helmet padding a bit because there's no room for my nose!  It's hard to reproduce the animated body proportions, but I think we're getting close.  The breast plates look much better than they did when we got started.  Please feel free to give me some feedback!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!