Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Holster work and questions.

• 3 Replies

Runi Prudiise

• Chaab Purdiise val naumiit kyr'am
Holster work and questions.
« on: Aug 08, 2020, 09:29 PM »
So i spent yesterday patterning out my holster using some extra craft foam i had. I plan to make my holster out of leather and am working on.

would buckles like these be approvable? for the waist section?

also as and alternative what about this buckle?

there are buckles i have on hand currently. i plan to also make a belt to go with. and a small leg strap to keep the holster in place. the whole piece will be dyed black. to fit in with my mandop's colors.

She/her they/them QMU 093

Chaab Purdiise val naumiit kyr'am.

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
Re: Holster work and questions.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2020, 09:43 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with using those buckles.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2020, 03:51 PM »
The buckles would have to look like metal (if they are metal, sand off some of the paint), otherwise they'll be allowed.

In my aesthetic opinion, the holster could use a little curve when you pattern it onto leather. Quick drawing below is a suggestion of what I mean:

Runi Prudiise

• Chaab Purdiise val naumiit kyr'am
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2020, 01:47 PM »
yea all the buckles are actually metal buckles not just painted plastic. the fidlock V buckles (ones that are silver and black) are even magnetic.

saddly i didnt see your post and that small hump is good. i can always remake the holster in the future though.

She/her they/them QMU 093

Chaab Purdiise val naumiit kyr'am.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!