Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Live Action Death Watch

• 28 Replies

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
Live Action Death Watch
« on: Aug 15, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Time to throw my hat into the ring of canon builds.

I have gone about ant collected a smattering of items for the build so far - printed some stuff myself
Sky Cosplay base for soft parts
Vest with printed Chest - I will be getting a hellhounds armor set for real, but I had this one on hand. Will be studying the screen caps for better shoulder strap color (mostly hidden by the armor there) BHG has a few builds that are showing it more matching the grey of the vest. Would love suggestions.

Flight suit - need to slightly let out the waist of the pants.

Slide Belt

JP printed and improved for accuracy - slightly concerned about the top domes.

AAANNNNDDD The bucket. Still printing the top RF and ear cap.

See anything big out of place?

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Live Action Death Watch
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Looks like a really good start!

My nickpick would be the triangles on the helmet should be smaller and further apart.  The mandibles also appear to be a little wide for DW.   

I haven't see what RF you're printing, but the RF earcap should be taller than your standard Mando helmet.

The helmet is going to be an undamaged version of the Sideshow Collectables Life sized ROTJ Boba bust.  That's going to be the gold standard for this kit as far as Brigade clearance goes.  At the app level, I think you'll be fine with what you have.

What exactly are you worried about with the jetpack nozzles?  Just the accuracy of the missle toppers?

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020, 09:07 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2020, 11:10 AM »
Missile toppers is my main concern. Looking at the various models out there, the missle cones appear less curved than the ones seen in screen grabs. May be fine for basic approval, but I want this to be a good foot into Canon then Brigades.  here are some pics of the other cones I have if I need to replace.

- sorry blurry

I was thinking about trying out a Drop Bear helmet for better accuracy otherwise I will need to get my scuplting tools out. Lets see how this current one can be improved and move on.  (EDIT: after some thought, drop bear is too wide).

Good note on the RF, I will modify my printed one, just glad the lower part of the topper isnt clear like Boba's. That side show collectible is a pricy penny, I think I will try to get my current one to that gold standard level.

IMO biggest issue is more the front to back size of the helmet model - check it out

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020, 11:13 AM by Bryn Cin'Prudii » Logged

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Hellhounds and WF both have casts of the Sideshow helmet so you don't need to rip off the head of the bust.   :laugh:

I agree, though, let's try to modify this helmet before moving onto another! I actually have a helmet from hellhounds on order. Once it gets here I can get you some good pics so we can see what needs to be modified.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2020, 03:05 PM »
UPDATES!!

Weapon has been started

Also took the helmet on a trip - had to modify the turnsignals.
Under XCT3d

Marking out signals

Cut out signals - some cleaning needed

With some paint to show layers

Official Paint time!!

Still minor touches left to do - but bulk is done till weathering

JETPACK!!!
More accurate nose cones printed

Base paints applied

Still have the rings around the thrusters, topical silver brushing and LOTS of weathering, but it is functionally done.

Any ideas on the harness system?

boots - Funtasma boots, leather work TBD

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2020, 03:11 PM »
Following with great interest, looks great so far!

Mi'ix

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2020, 03:18 PM »
With the jetpack and helmet, I think once you get into the weathering process, things will come together more.

Boots look great.  We'll chat about leather.  I think I'm going to be the tester for her leather work and can get you pics then.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2020, 09:12 PM »
Following !!   Great work !! 

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Some updates since I last posted

Parts in a slightly unfinished state

Added some paints!

Pistol!

Jetpack

and attachment points are magnetic dovetails

First upper body kit up

Next steps - get vest to sit more even when the jet pack is on. Still waiting on my gaunts and knees from Hellhounds.
Butt plate is printed awaiting some finishing. Then LEATHER! I have the parts cut out - need to sew and stain. (Holster, and boot straps.

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2020, 07:47 AM »
Very nice! It’s coming along great!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Aur'on Gur

• Awards Special Weapons 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2020, 08:14 AM »
Very nice.

M.M.C.C.      #1127
Gunslinger    #1
Official Troops XVIII
 Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid...'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Mi'ix

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2020, 08:17 AM »
We chatted about the diamond and JP placement.

I'm confident you got this!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:43 PM »
new flight suit on order should arrive in 10 ish days. Gauntlets are the last remaining hard piece to work through.

Paint has been applied to the other armor pieces. Stripes adusted on the chest to match 501st CRL.

Considering adjusting my existing shoulders to something a bit more square, thoughts?

Remaining work :
Dye leather - I have just been a bit lazy so I need to get to it
weather soft parts (Boots, gloves, and vest what I have)
Find different (low profile) RF topper.

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2021, 10:53 PM »
Finally did some work. Pics below

Leather - Done
Most attachments - Done

Weapons

TBD - Tailor torso of Flight Suit also knee area, maybe remake vest?!?!? Print MORE shoulders (round 4). Butt attachment - thinking chicago screws to pants.

Are the gauntlets too small?

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2021, 11:04 AM »
The gauntlets look good.  The CRL's say 2/3rds the length of the forearm.  If you want to double check measure wrist to elbow and math it.   :D

One little detail I see on your helmet is the lack of a data port.   The helmet was based off a Boba helmet so it needs the "Diagnostic port" a small cylindrical detail piece with 3 holes, one larger hole and two identical smaller holes below, similar to but not identical.

Mi'ix

« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2021, 04:43 PM »
Super solid suit up!  The way you hung your JP looks really good!

I do think the shoulders could be bigger.   They should really come down to just above the end of the upper sleeve on the flight suit. 

Gauntlets could be bigger too, but I think where they are right now makes them passable.   

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

mr10DZ

• First Approved Live Action Death Watch (Brigade)
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2021, 12:28 PM »
This kit is shaping up really nicely!  I'd recommend a bit more weathering on the armor bits.  You're a bit too clean for a veteran 3 stripe  :boba:

Shevla Kal

• Eyes behind the lines
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. Special Operations Brigade Member Donated one quarter of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Niiiiice! Liking what I'm seeing. Where'd you get the blaster

Brigade Application
Naast Ver'Alor/Alor'ad 2020-2021
SE Command Ru'Cabur 2019-2023
Vanguard/Field Ops/Striker Brigade Captain 2020-2024
Brigadier 2024-

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Niiiiice! Liking what I'm seeing. Where'd you get the blaster

The pistol was modified with the flared magwell from the OLD live action Westar - Foxhole prop. If I were to do it again, there is a much better model out there from  Kaz who i would recommend for better realism

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #19 on: Mar 21, 2021, 10:47 AM »
Updated shoulders - Thinking I can get some pre-app pics today but enjoy these for now

Forgive the dog bed - had to protect my shoulders from falling till I finalized their attachments.

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Rayne

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2021, 11:28 AM »
Looks pretty good to me. Very nicely done!  Mi’ix is the Death Watch expert so I’ll defer to him.

The only minor detail is see is the Deathwatch symbol on the left shoulder looks a little large compared to references, but I don’t think it’s a major issue.

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Super solid kit up!

Might be the lighting, but the suit appears a touch too dark. I'd like to see a little bit more of the purplish hue.

Don't forget about adding the burnt umber into your weathering! :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2021, 01:07 PM »
Super solid kit up!

Might be the lighting, but the suit appears a touch too dark. I'd like to see a little bit more of the purplish hue.

Don't forget about adding the burnt umber into your weathering! :)

I can wash the flight suit this weekend to get it lighter. (granted the film tonal color is challenging).

burnt umber coming in this week :)

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Put in my application today. Thanks to all of you here on the Canon team for your guidance. I look foward to hearing back on this kit when I can (Fix or approval)

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Rayne

« Reply #24 on: Apr 19, 2021, 05:52 PM »
Good luck!  It looks good!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!