Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Live Action Death Watch

• 6 Replies

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Special Weapons Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
Live Action Death Watch
« on: Aug 15, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Time to throw my hat into the ring of canon builds.

I have gone about ant collected a smattering of items for the build so far - printed some stuff myself
Sky Cosplay base for soft parts
Vest with printed Chest - I will be getting a hellhounds armor set for real, but I had this one on hand. Will be studying the screen caps for better shoulder strap color (mostly hidden by the armor there) BHG has a few builds that are showing it more matching the grey of the vest. Would love suggestions.

Flight suit - need to slightly let out the waist of the pants.

Slide Belt

JP printed and improved for accuracy - slightly concerned about the top domes.

AAANNNNDDD The bucket. Still printing the top RF and ear cap.

See anything big out of place?

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Live Action Death Watch
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Looks like a really good start!

My nickpick would be the triangles on the helmet should be smaller and further apart.  The mandibles also appear to be a little wide for DW.   

I haven't see what RF you're printing, but the RF earcap should be taller than your standard Mando helmet.

The helmet is going to be an undamaged version of the Sideshow Collectables Life sized ROTJ Boba bust.  That's going to be the gold standard for this kit as far as Brigade clearance goes.  At the app level, I think you'll be fine with what you have.

What exactly are you worried about with the jetpack nozzles?  Just the accuracy of the missle toppers?

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020, 09:07 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• Awards Airmobile brigade member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Special Weapons Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2020, 11:10 AM »
Missile toppers is my main concern. Looking at the various models out there, the missle cones appear less curved than the ones seen in screen grabs. May be fine for basic approval, but I want this to be a good foot into Canon then Brigades.  here are some pics of the other cones I have if I need to replace.

- sorry blurry

I was thinking about trying out a Drop Bear helmet for better accuracy otherwise I will need to get my scuplting tools out. Lets see how this current one can be improved and move on.  (EDIT: after some thought, drop bear is too wide).

Good note on the RF, I will modify my printed one, just glad the lower part of the topper isnt clear like Boba's. That side show collectible is a pricy penny, I think I will try to get my current one to that gold standard level.

IMO biggest issue is more the front to back size of the helmet model - check it out

« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2020, 11:13 AM by Bryn Cin'Prudii » Logged

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Hellhounds and WF both have casts of the Sideshow helmet so you don't need to rip off the head of the bust.   :laugh:

I agree, though, let's try to modify this helmet before moving onto another! I actually have a helmet from hellhounds on order. Once it gets here I can get you some good pics so we can see what needs to be modified.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2020, 03:05 PM »
UPDATES!!

Weapon has been started

Also took the helmet on a trip - had to modify the turnsignals.
Under XCT3d

Marking out signals

Cut out signals - some cleaning needed

With some paint to show layers

Official Paint time!!

Still minor touches left to do - but bulk is done till weathering

JETPACK!!!
More accurate nose cones printed

Base paints applied

Still have the rings around the thrusters, topical silver brushing and LOTS of weathering, but it is functionally done.

Any ideas on the harness system?

boots - Funtasma boots, leather work TBD

Ru'Stor Rawr

• “Buy'ce olar, kar'ta ogir”
  • Awards Special Weapons Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2020, 03:11 PM »
Following with great interest, looks great so far!

Mi'ix

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2020, 03:18 PM »
With the jetpack and helmet, I think once you get into the weathering process, things will come together more.

Boots look great.  We'll chat about leather.  I think I'm going to be the tester for her leather work and can get you pics then.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!