Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Possible Sidearm Advice Wanted

• 5 Replies

Areth

Possible Sidearm Advice Wanted
« on: Sep 15, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Could this be used as a blaster? Any suggested modifications are welcome. Does any one think the Thorn from Destiny 2 could be modified to work in the starwars universe, with out losing the feel of the weapon. Does any one know of a yuuzhan vong sidearm?

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020, 07:29 PM by Areth » Logged

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
Re: Possible Sidearm Advice Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Check out Beckett’s gun from Solo; it’s based on a revolver. You definitely want to replace the hammer with some greeblies. The cylinder will also need some mods.

Areth

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I was also thinking about moding this.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Being a Destiny player myself, I think Thorn would be too difficult to swarz up. It might be possible to make an in-universe revolver design look more like Thorn, though.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:45 PM »
You can print Rhino 60 and modify it pretty easily.  Just swap out the barrel, change the cylinder, add some greeblies and an unnecessary scope or two and voila!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Just remember that it needs to look like it is part of the Star Wars Universe.

If it wouldn't look out of place on the hip of any of the characters we've seen in the films or shows, then it is good.

If it doesn't, or looks too much like it is from a different source material, then you have more work to do.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!