Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Anyone used PALIGHT PVC?

• 2 Replies

DrewTroan

• Dru'Troan
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Anyone used PALIGHT PVC?
« on: Nov 09, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Getting ready to purchase materials for my first armor build, going with 6mm PVC for most parts.  Per the suggestion of some other posts, I called some local sign shops to see if I could get it cheap (or free scraps). They have PALIGHT (which I notice they also sell at Lowe's and HD).  Has anyone used this?  Does it have similar properties and workability to sintra/celtec/etc? 
They will sell a 4'x8' sheet for $65, which is about 2/3 the price per sq.ft. as any online prices so I'll likely use this if I know it will work.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Anyone used PALIGHT PVC?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2016, 09:59 AM »
I've used Palight at my job for signage. All it is is Sintra under a different brand name. There are a couple cosmetic differences, namely the sheet is masked(clear/tinted film applied to protect the surface from scratches) on one or both sides, and the edges are rounded from the factory, normally. Aside from that, it's chemically the same, similar properties, it should be the same to work with.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017
Re: Anyone used PALIGHT PVC?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:28 AM »
Hey, I know this is an old post, but I was just comparing palight and sintra because I am also starting a build, and came across a sign makers forum where they said that sintra contains lead. This is concerning.
https://signs101.com/threads/sintra.139125/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!