Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sidearm for my kit

• 3 Replies
Sidearm for my kit
« on: Sep 27, 2020, 02:28 AM »
https://www.etsy.com/listing/559878193/westar-35-merc-blaster-diy-kit?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Blaster&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&frs=1
Does anyone havr any experience with either this seller or the designer?  It's the only Westar 35 that I like, all the other ones I've seen just don't look "real," in that they look like a cartoon, rather than what a pistol would look like.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Sidearm for my kit
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:24 AM »
I don’t have any personal experience with the seller but their graphics are stolen from Sergey Kolesnik (3dprintoys). That would be enough to make me look elsewhere.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2020, 02:12 AM »
I don’t have any personal experience with the seller but their graphics are stolen from Sergey Kolesnik (3dprintoys). That would be enough to make me look elsewhere.
If you read the description on the page, it does say that the design was used with permission from Sergey.  That's why I asked about it, Sergey only sells it as STL files and my printer is no where near good enough for the fidelity of the model.

Edit: I have contacted Sergey at 3dprintoys on Etsy and he has told me personally that the seller in question is his partner in the US, so there would be no case of using a stolen design.  What do we think about the design?

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2020, 11:12 AM »
Thanks for correcting my mistrust. I just got a message from Sergey, too (though it seems graphics theft is a real issue for him).

As to thoughts of the design, I love that 35, very detailed. I ordered a "custom" version from Sergey, should see it this week.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!