Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ellie's Din Djarin Build Thread

• 8 Replies
Ellie's Din Djarin Build Thread
« on: Sep 28, 2020, 10:18 AM »
Howdy folks! I've been working on my Mando off and on for a little bit, and now that I've finally finished moving I'm diving back in.

Update: my photos broke! So I'll just clear that out and post my current status.
-Flight Suit is complete
-Boots are just blank boots that will get boot covers

-All armor/buckles/bullets/blaster/rifle/knife are printed!
Here's my on-the-fly twitter thread: LINK

Flight suit! Forgive how dusty it is, I work in a basement. Full range of movement (I can jump, sit, stand, run, etc) and made of 100% cotton canvas so I don't bake to death. Let me know how the sizing looks!

Over-all fit with as many pieces as I could tape to my body.

Right Leg Sizing -

Bracer Sizing -

Shoulderbell Sizing -

And last but certainly not least, that beautiful helmet for sizing.
I think I just need one or two more rounds with gloss black and polishing until I'm happy with the helmet; got some small pockmarks that I can see and then I can finally chrome it.

Very interested in input on sizing just to make sure I don't have to print anything from scratch. I'm pretty happy with everything so far.
The bracers will have velcro inside to attach to the sleeves of the flight suit so that they don't shift to the side, since they're pretty top-heavy.

I'll update with photos of where other pieces are soon; going to be mocking up the flak vest and cummberbund/tasset this weekend.

« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2021, 12:13 AM by Ellveon » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Ellie's Din Djarin Build Thread
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2020, 10:11 AM »
Ohhhhh you're doing the fancy Beskar version!

Tough to tell on sizing as I'd like to see Application style photos from a little further away to get the whole picture.  From the pictures you've provided, I don't see anything glaring at this moment.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2021, 12:16 AM »
Jill from Razorcrest reminded me to be posting in this thread so I'm going to try to update more often! I do work on this a little bit every day but run into a lot of challenges. I'm making progress though!

So I updated the main post today, and here's a lovely out-take from my sizing photos

Let me know if I formatted this incorrectly and I'd be happy to fix it.
I'll take some rifle photos tomorrow when I have some time!

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Updating your forum WIP goes a long way in helping the Application Team, as well as the Brigade Team understand how you went about your build process and assists us with pointing out small details that may be hard to see in your application pictures.

No worries about the format.  To each their own!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2021, 10:19 PM »
Thank you!! Here's some updates from the past few days:
Blaster's done!!!!

Hip plates are painted!! Weathered on the right, unweathered on the left.

And flak vest is done, but ligthing's bad in the sewing room.

This week I'l be painting and sanding the rifle and knife, and patterning the boots/belts.

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2021, 07:40 PM »
Blaster is looking good!

On the hip plates, the color and shape looks a bit off from references. Here a few reference photos:

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2021, 05:43 AM »
This is a tough one, but I do think Rayne is right.

The sides should have a pretty good curve on them and these almost seem like they come to a point in the middle.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2022, 11:43 PM »
OKAY I'M BACK AT IT.
I'm so sorry I haven't been updating this thread; work on this kit has been very sporadic over the past year, for all the usual reasons. But I'm at a wearable state, everything is rigged (sort of).
Because of Rayne's comments above, I did end up getting a more recent version of the hip plates; they're drying from the most recent round of paint.
I keep tweaking things so that things fit the way they're supposed to. I'm eager for input at this point to make sure there's nothing major I should change before progressing.

As of this test fit, I'm planning on:
-shortening the cummerbund
-adjusting the rigging on the shoulders to sit further down on my arm
-taking 1-2 inches off the flak vest shoulder so that it doesn't bunch near the armpit
adjusting the fit of the belt to sit lower and looser
-re-rig the chest plate to sit more flush to the ab plate

I'm wondering if I should take the thighs of the pants in a bit more? They seem very baggy and make the thigh plates look small.

Mi'ix

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Let's take the pants in a bit before upping the scale on the thigh plates. Your left plate looks more on the smaller side than your right, but let's see how it looks once you take in the pants.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!