Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ralph's Din Djarin v2 (Beskar) and future S2

• 15 Replies

Ralph_Sutter

• 3D Instructor by day, bounty hunter at night
Ralph's Din Djarin v2 (Beskar) and future S2
« on: Feb 02, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Hi all!

I just wanted to share my Din Djarin v1. It's pretty much ready with the exception of me needing a new right shoulder without the mudhorn to (hopefully) meet the current CRL requirements.

Does anyone know if the CRL for a season 2 version is in the works? I have all of the armor mods, Beskar spear, Grogu satchel, and different ab tasset ready to go. Just waiting on my jetpack :)

Re: Ralph's Din Djarin v2 (Beskar) and future S2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2021, 08:24 AM »
I think it's safe to assume they are working on it, though it might not be out for a little while. If you want to go for season 2, I'd recommend just going as close as possible to refrence images, and once the CRLs are out go for season 2 Mando Brigade. Also, stellar work on the Kit. It looks amazing.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Really stellar work!

Yes, season 2 Din is one of many things we're working on at the moment.

Have you connected with your local Clan, Ralph?

They can help you apply, if you haven't already done so.  :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2021, 10:31 AM »
Thanks so much! I have not yet reached out to my local clan. But I will once I get my non-Mudhorn shoulder in.

I think that's the only thing not in line with the current Beskar CRL :)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2021, 04:51 PM »
What paint did you use?

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2021, 11:11 AM »
What paint did you use?
The Beskar was painted using Alumaluster

Happy post Halloween all!
I just finished my season 2 Din - I finally have all parts done! Question, is there a CRL for season 2 yet?

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2021, 10:31 PM by Ralph_Sutter » Logged

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2021, 03:22 PM »
We’d love to see app style photos so we can give you feedback!

The CRL for Season 2 isn’t posted yet, but I’m sure the App Team is working hard on them.

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Love it, man.  Great job.

The CRLs are good to go, we're just waiting on the red tape to get them published.

I know you did Pre-app, but I'm curious what the outcome of that was with your season 1 version?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2021, 04:23 PM »
We’d love to see app style photos so we can give you feedback!

The CRL for Season 2 isn’t posted yet, but I’m sure the App Team is working hard on them.
I will definitely take those :) I only just slapped on my Rising Phoenix yesterday.
Love it, man.  Great job.

The CRLs are good to go, we're just waiting on the red tape to get them published.

I know you did Pre-app, but I'm curious what the outcome of that was with your season 1 version?

Thanks so much! I am pretty sure I'd be approved for that version, the only thing I am missing is a non-Mudhorn shoulder bell. But my current maker is extremely backlogged, so I'd have to go with someone else for a set of 2 (to stay consistent with the paint).

So to me it wasn't worth it in the end to apply for the season 1 Beskar - will happily wait for the Season 2 CRL. Excited! :)

Whatever is in there, hopefully I only have minor tweaks.

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2021, 09:40 AM »
I'll take some application style pictures soon, but here are some more detailed pics of the build :)

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:22 AM »
Got my Rising Phoenix harness! Most of it is ready at this point :) Just some more weathering to do:

Mi'ix

« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2022, 09:14 AM »
Nice kit.

If you haven't already, get with your Ruus'alor about starting the application process.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2022, 08:49 AM »
I've submitted my application pics below earlier this week!

The waiting game begins :)

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2022, 01:09 PM »
Sending in a second application for the version with the Rising Phoenix/jetpack :) Here are the pics with that in place.

Ralph_Sutter

« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2022, 03:52 AM »
Got my feedback in after submitting, but I'm not sure I agree with most points...

1. The chest armor seems to be floating significantly away from the body in both side photos and may require more secure attachment to prevent this.

2. The flight suit has more brown tones in season two (as opposed to grayer tones in season 1) that will need to be added to adjust the hue and match canon references.

3. The trigger should be brass on the blaster, and it is currently black.

4. The holes in the cape do not look realistic and the edges are too precise. Some light distressing to the edges of the holes would go a long way in making the weather appear more realistic.

5. The armor and soft parts are very clean for season 2 Din, and as such could use more “dirt” accumulation across the costume. The hand plates and apron in particular are very clean-looking. Give the crevices and edge of your armor a light grunge effect to accomplish this while giving your soft goods a nice dusting of greys and tans

6. The left thigh plate appears to be too bright in color and should be dulled down to a dark color.

7. Please ensure that your next round of photos meets minimum resolution requirements. Additionally, please supply an up-close photo of your boot knife and right gauntlet screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The chest plate is firmly attached and in place, Din's plate is just fairly straight (not curved) and sits like that on his vest in the show too. It's not sticking out or popping off? So I'm not sure what they are referring to.

2. My suit most definitely is mostly brown in hue.

3. This I do agree with and will address.

4. My cape is matched hole-per-hole (and weathered with the promo poster and many stills from the several episodes, it's literally about as close as I can get it).

5. There is a ton of weathering on everything, it just really does not photograph well at a distance. You can see it much better in the video below.  I'll happily send them more detail shots, but it's just one of those things where it doesn't photograph well at full body distance.

6. The left thigh plate needs to be darker? It's the same Alumaluster paint as the rest of my armor... It's just a shiny chrome so pieces will naturally reflect lighting in different ways. But it matches the rest of my parts.

7. My vibroblade handle is securely attached to my thigh armor. But I'll happily send in a detail shots in case they're worried about weathering (same is true for the screen on my gauntlet, there is dirt and yes the Mandoputer screen is animated).

In short, really the only thing I agree with here is the brass on the blaster trigger - what would you recommend I do? :(

« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2022, 04:41 AM by Ralph_Sutter » Logged

Mi'ix

« Reply #15 on: Apr 12, 2022, 07:15 AM »
The voting team lead is either writing the response from our end or has already sent it.

Either way, communicate with him and bring your references so both you and him can compare notes and go line by line about your list.

Same thing I would do with both my MMCC and 501st recruits.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!