Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Mando costume presentation

• 7 Replies
Custom Mando costume presentation
« on: Oct 04, 2020, 07:40 PM »
Overall design:

Photo 1 (front)
Photo 2 (back)
This is the overall design, or “concept art” for my Mando.
With color, and paint marking shapes I’m definitely leaning into an 70s and some 80s theme for this post imperial era design.
The weathering on the finished kit will reflect a desert environment.
The weapons I’m planning on having will be a DL-44, and a larger custom blaster pistol that I think will have kind of an 70s space gun look to it, taking some inspiration from Boba’s pistol. 

Not included in the main design is the holster which will be Han Solo style, with an extra side on it similar to Beckett’s as pictured below.

This will be either white leather or black leather, I haven’t decided which.
Worn under this will probably be a gray girth belt.

Also not in the main design are the pouches. My plan is to have Boba style pouches (as pictured below) hanging over my hip creases just to the sides of the belt buckle. I’m not decided on the color of these but I’m considering both light yellow and gray.

On the back I’ll possibly have some leather pouches, or thermal detonators.

The gloves will be black or gray with brown hand armor, and the shoes will probably be black Chelsea boots.

Next is soft parts.

The jumpsuit will be light brown (fabric sample on the bottom right) and will be two pieces with top stitched dark brown panels (bottom left fabric sample) on the sides of the torso, and light yellow box pleats on the short sleeves (see top right fabric sample), with dark brown long sleeves underneath of the same material as the torso panels.

The flak vest and neck seal are both gray twill (fabric sample in the top left), and are both actually already made, and pictured below.

(Not yet weathered)

I’m also thinking I’ll add a poncho to be worn some of the time.
I haven’t put too much thought into it, but I’m thinking something similar to the deathwatch ones with hoods in Clone Wars S7, but I’ll probably put extra panels or details on it unlike those.

Next up is armor.

This should be pretty straightforward.
The helmet, chest, shoulders, back, butt, and as for right now the gauntlets are all Din Djarin, post imperial style.
The codpiece, thighs, knees, and shins are Jango Fett style, with a custom ankle design.

I already have the helmet and chest, and I already had the chest painted as part of a paint test for something else, so as long as there’s no problem with that, it’s good to go.
Both pictured below.

That’s all I have planned out at this point, but let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2020, 05:01 PM by RoarkDjarin » Logged
Re: Custom Mando costume presentation
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Concept is looking good and I love the paint job, but the standard way to add pictures to the forum is with Imgur, so here's a simple little guide to help you out:
Posting Images using Imgur
A Quick Reference

• Create an account.
  • Upload image to Imgur.
  • You will then see your album of images:
  • Click on the picture you're wanting to post.
  • From here there is a dropdown menu in the top right of the image, click that and select "Get Share Links":
  • Select "BBCode (Forums)" and click Copy. This will copy the coding required for the image to post here (i.e. [ img ]https://i.imgur.com/RIqn0wI.jpg[ /img ])
  • Place that code in the text box here on the boards and if done properly, you should see the image after you post your post (or if you click preview to make sure it worked properly):

Hope this helps.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Concept is looking good and I love the paint job, but the standard way to add pictures to the forum is with Imgur, so here's a simple little guide to help you out:

Ahh, yea I kind of figured that out after. Still need to get an Imgur account. Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2020, 03:04 PM »
You dont even need an Imgur account, I dont have one, but I guess it makes it easier.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2020, 03:13 PM »
You dont even need an Imgur account, I dont have one, but I guess it makes it easier.

Ok, cool! I’ll fix it!

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2020, 04:27 PM »
I like your concept . Looks like you're well on your way!

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2020, 04:33 PM »
I like your concept . Looks like you're well on your way!

That’s great to hear, thanks!

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 12:03 AM »
Following. This is gonna be cool.   :8):

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!