Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Messerno's Mando Concept

• 5 Replies

Jeivis Kotep Messerno

• Have hope & defy the odds.
Messerno's Mando Concept
« on: Oct 06, 2020, 05:29 AM »
Hey there my fellow vode. I am Jeivis Kotep Messerno and this my mandalorian concept Topic.

So my concept is actually an old concept I had back then but with new changes to better fit my Mando design inspiration. So Lets get with the main two parts being my armor and helmet. I'll begin with the armor it

Alrighty so there it is.

First off, ignore the helmet on the full body image, That is not the helmet I will be using. However the placement of the colors on the helmet is what I will be going with but i'll get to the helmet after I explain the armor.

Now the main inspiration to the colors on the armor come from the spartans from the 2007 movie 300. I wanted my Mando to look based off a spartan from the film but be in tuned with Star Wars. So let me make it clear I am not doing a mohawk top on my helmet nor wear a long crimson cape or expose some areas of my body. Now each color is tied to parts of a spartan from the movie but I am also using ideas from other depictions such as this image.

Anyways, so the dominant color is the bronze/gold (not quite sure how to verify the actual color but on screen its like a grungy gold color) that reflects the armor of a spartan. Next is the red but it actually should be crimson, but a crimson coveralls doesn't quite exist anywhere. I already have my flight suit and its red but i'm not gonna complain about that. I like it for what it is and I will use it. Red reflects the... well yeah you get it. It's what they wear. Moving on. Brown reflects the  leather of a spartan. The only thing that will actually be leather on my Mando is my flak vest. The boots and gloves will be of a soft material in a brownish color that will hopefully be close matching with the flak vest. Black will reflect... jeez maybe I didn't think that part through but I mean there is Leonidas' helmet mohawk and the overall tone of the movie, Plus the black fits well in minor areas. Lastly there is the metal gray. That reflects the weapons even though the spartan image provided is different.

So that covers the colors. Now I have to point out I am going with a medium armor based Mandalorian. I am thinking about having a holster but I can't quite picture that yet but I do want to have a thigh pouch. Maybe even a backpack to go along with it. I picture my mando being packed for any outing and being prepared. I didn't add any of that to the image but I just wanted to have the base concept up and ready to be viewed. I don't know if having a backpack pushes me to a heavy armor class but thats not what I want to be at. The armor will be weathered. its not gonna be all nice and pristine but weathering will be minimal to moderate. I don't want it too heavily beat up.

Now lets get to the helmet. 

There it is in all it's glory.

This is an Enforcer helmet made by NME Props. So as I mentioned above the color placement is pretty much where it will be. The only thing is that I will have the bottom rim of the helmet a metal gray. It looks edgy like that and I love it. The weathering is there but that big area of exposed metal gray is not gonna be like that as I have it depicted. I may change how it looks but this is to give you an idea. See I want to make it seem like I took a rather big blast to my helmet though i'm not sure as to how to make it look beat up. I guess you can say I am going for an Terminator 2 aRrrrnold look to it. lol.

So yeah thats my Mando concept. I already have some pieces already aquired. The helmet for one, but right now everything is on hold until some other finances are taken care of. Other than that I need to re-paint most of my torso armor pieces. So with all that said I am hoping to have a target completion date of Februray 2022 or sooner. We'll see what life brings and how quickly I can make this armor a reality

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Messerno's Mando Concept
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2020, 04:38 PM »
First of all, relly dig your concept. Pretty solid.
Second... mohawks exist in star wars aesthetics.

(Senate guard and senate commando)

Third. To achieve the crimson flight suit why don't you usa a white one as a starting point and use dye?

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2020, 09:54 AM »
I would get with your Ruu'selor about the helmet.  My understanding it that the closest an OM can get to a crest like that is an ARC trooper fin, actual crests have been denied even after using senate guard helmets as an example.  I'd hate to see you drop some coin on buy'ce and have it denied because of a crest.  Unless you don't want OM status, then go for it.

Jeivis Kotep Messerno

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:15 PM »
First of all, relly dig your concept. Pretty solid.
Second... mohawks exist in star wars aesthetics.
(Senate guard and senate commando)

Third. To achieve the crimson flight suit why don't you usa a white one as a starting point and use dye?

I totally forgot they exist. Goes to show how much I remember.

What I was trying to say is that I am not gonna make the helmet look spartan like such as this helmet example

It does look pretty cool but that's not what I'm going for.

As for the flight suit, I didn't consider getting a white suit and then just dyeing it. Even if I did, I don't have the means to do it nor the experience. So I just bought red coveralls.

Jeivis Kotep Messerno

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:19 PM »
I would get with your Ruu'selor about the helmet.  My understanding it that the closest an OM can get to a crest like that is an ARC trooper fin, actual crests have been denied even after using senate guard helmets as an example.  I'd hate to see you drop some coin on buy'ce and have it denied because of a crest.  Unless you don't want OM status, then go for it.

No, i'm not going for the crest. My helmet well stay as it is depicted.

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:57 AM »
As for the flight suit, I didn't consider getting a white suit and then just dyeing it. Even if I did, I don't have the means to do it nor the experience. So I just bought red coveralls.
It's totally you decision as it's your kit   :D
Anyway there are dyes that you can use in your washing machine. Throw in the suit, the dye and wash. That's it. And it costs few bucks. Just for info  :like:

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!