Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

"Gearhead" WIP

• 18 Replies
Re: "Gearhead" WIP
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2020, 02:26 PM »
Progress update!
I had to rush to get a few things done in time for Halloween (will be gone over later to make everything a bit nice lol)
but here it is!

I am well aware that many things arent to MMCC standard, namely the chestplate and ab plate being combined (im no good at editing .stls rip), the Kama being to long and poorly attached, etc etc. many things still need to be cleaned up, more things need to be printed, but for now this project is to the point where I personally am pleased, so progress will slow up a little once Halloween is done hahaha, what with no deadline and all.

have a wonderful day folks!

« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2020, 03:05 PM »
I am well aware that many things arent to MMCC standard, namely the chestplate and ab plate being combined (im no good at editing .stls rip)

I don't think you're quite right on that one. Looking at the Post Imperial era CRLs, and some pictures, it appears to me that the ab plate and the main chestplate is all one piece, and some of the other post-imp build I've seen are also 1 piece chest pieces, so I'm pretty sure you'r good there. With the kama, there are no specifications on how long it can or should be, only that it should cover a third or more of your waist, so you don't need to trim it if you don't want to.

« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2020, 06:51 PM »
I don't think you're quite right on that one. Looking at the Post Imperial era CRLs, and some pictures, it appears to me that the ab plate and the main chestplate is all one piece, and some of the other post-imp build I've seen are also 1 piece chest pieces, so I'm pretty sure you'r good there. With the kama, there are no specifications on how long it can or should be, only that it should cover a third or more of your waist, so you don't need to trim it if you don't want to.

Hm, ill have to look into that, but thank you for the tip! i was kinda dreading cutting the ab plate bit off hahaha
as for the Kama, i realize i made a mistake, when i said length, i meant how far around it went, which i definitely need to cut down as it could be a skirt if i were to sew it properly at the current width!
thanks again for the thing about the ab plate, thats really useful!

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2020, 06:54 PM by LordOTheWands » Logged
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:04 PM »
Im back! no pictures this time, but i have been working steadily on re-furbishing the armor i do have at the moment. the chestplate has been completely re-done and looks WONDERFUL. Right gauntlet and pauldrons are currently undergoing the same treatment.
i have elected to ditch the kama, at least for now. at the moment, my printer is occupied with holiday gifts, so i cant make any new pieces just yet, but i am curious to see if anyone has any (preferably cheap) vest ideas/links, seeing as mine is just a temporary.
thanks!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!