Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ve'vut kal- mandalorian helmet concept drawing approval

• 5 Replies

honeybeaks

• this is the way
me and my friends will be starting our armours soon

but before we do we all decided to draw the concept for the armour starting with our helmets

let me know your opinions,

do you approve or not?

what to fix or add what to change

i am happy with the way my helmet turned out let me know what your think
i think it will look cool once we construct it

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2020, 11:43 AM by honeybeaks » Logged
lawfuly yours,
at your service!
ve'vut kal (golden blade)

Arminius

Re: ve'vut kal- mandalorian helmet concept drawing approval
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2020, 11:13 AM »
I love this design,specially the diamond covering the nose. I'm no app team but if you want this helmet design for modern era I'd suggest modifying the visor a bit since it looks more like a Legacy Y-visor than a T-visor. Other than that I don't see any issue with it.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:56 AM »
I love that you went with a custom design and it looks fantastic! I have no idea how you plan on making the marbling on the crest or the horse decal on the back but if you pull it off it would be very unique!
A word of warning though: making custom helmets can be very tricky.

1) approval. If you have ANY doubts on if it follows the CRLs make sure to bring it to the Q&A section or, better yet, your Ruus'alor, in our case Darnai. it would be an absolute shame to work on such a beautiful design and then have to scrap it. I'll be doing the same today regarding an asymmetrical visor I want.

2)construction. If you are making it from scratch, depending on the material, design problems will probably become a challenge. Make sure you have the technical aspects of building the helmet written down so you can refer to it, whether it's notes on measurements or a blueprint. There will also probably be some problems you didn't foresee that will pop up while building. Don't be discouraged. Try tweaking your design slightly and see what happens.
The other route is to buy a Boba helmet and modify it. Since your design is similar in some respects it shouldn't be too difficult. It might even be your best bet.

I hope this helps!

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020, 02:02 PM by Benny Steinberg » Logged
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:16 AM »
Really like the helmet design, but I'm gonna wager a guess that it's going to be shot down because of the horses on the back. I've seen a project that had something that looked a wee bit like a bearded dragon, and then they had to change it a lot, and I'm gonna guess that the same problem will apply to you. Horses are just to earthy. What you could do, however, is change the horse to an orbak. They're look pretty much the same as horses, they actually are horses in the movies, and you'd only need to change a few things.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Were you aiming for a Togruta look?  I think it could be a neat design, especially if you do a full Togruta kit.

Biodelta

• working to be great
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:53 PM »
your concept looks solid XD.  im wondering  how you make this??? you would also have to get this helmet approved to become offical

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!