Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Death Watch WIP

• 4 Replies
Death Watch WIP
« on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:52 PM »
OK I have to admit something before we go any further: I HAVE NO SEWING SKILLS WHAT SO EVER. Just being honest and most of the soft parts for the live action death watch I am doing I have had to buy from other vendors. With that being said here are some reference pics for the mando I am trying to build. I have found the most help from a facebook page devoted to building the death watch mandos.

Re: Death Watch WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2020, 12:00 AM »
Here are a few pics of the flight suit, unfortunately the flak vest is too small so I am trying to figure that out.

Be getting some better pics soon waiting on boots, belt, pouches also.

mr10DZ

• First Approved Live Action Death Watch (Brigade)
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Check the length of your short sleeves with the size of your shoulder armor.  The short sleeves shouldn't extend much further past the bottom of the shoulder armor.  Also I'd recommend airbrushing over the contrasting stitching since the costume didn't use contrasting thread color.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2020, 09:11 PM »
Yes the outer sleeve is too long but I have room to cinch it up and I gotta figure out something for the thread color. 

mr10DZ

• First Approved Live Action Death Watch (Brigade)
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:46 AM »
Yes the outer sleeve is too long but I have room to cinch it up and I gotta figure out something for the thread color.

Sounds good.  I like the size of your shoulder bells so if you can shorten the short sleeves then you're going to look sharp.

For the thread color if you can airbrush over it with a darker color it'll also double as weathering for most areas.  I've also seen people use fabric markers with some success.  It really comes down to patience and confidence with a particular technique.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!