Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

holster options

• 2 Replies
holster options
« on: Nov 09, 2020, 05:50 AM »
I'm working on a pilot and have opted for the Westar 35 (specifically https://www.etsy.com/listing/559878193/westar-35-merc-blaster-diy-kit?ref=yr_purchases).  I don't like the idea of a fighter pilot strapping things to his legs (probably a hold-over from me not being a starfighter pilot with access to an escape pod rather than just an ejection seat, but I digress...), so I want a shoulder holster for it; but I don't have the skills, tools, or materials necessary to do it in leather.  My question is this, should I stick with a stiff material like kydex or a soft material like canvas or duck cloth?  I'm going to build some shoulder straps to add realism to my ejection harness and the holster will be hung from there under my left arm, while the dagger I'm getting from Fenn Beviin will be hung under my right arm.

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: holster options
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2020, 01:16 PM »
I'm also doing a pilot. My plan is to stick a covertec wheel  on the side of the blaster so I can slide it into a custom covertec holder and have the muzzle rest in a basket (not sure if soft or hard).

Oya!

Andry         ; )
Re: holster options
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2020, 02:06 AM »
I've decided to go with a hard style holster to go with the stiff sheath that I'm getting with my dagger.  So I'll probably go with kydex.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!