Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Q? if your flak vest is a jacket why do you need an flight suite top?

• 4 Replies
so i have a leather jacket im moddin gfor a flak vest,
se pics

iplan on wearing a neck seal,
so now im not sure why would i run a top flight suit and not just a t-shirt
am i the first to run into this?

I don't think you can just use jackets as flak vests. Have you run this through the app team?

Remember that even if you can mod the jacket as a flak vest you have to follow the CRL, which specifically states that you require a flight suit. The CRL is made based on visual references so that all costumes are consistent and fit in the era they are designed for. Not to mention that modding a jacket as a flak vest would be a considerable effort and would require a lot of work. Frankly it doesn't seem like it's worth it.

You can make a two-part flight suit if you want, but you can't just use a regular shirt you picked up at a local store. It has to be something that looks in-universe and, again, that complies with the CRL and the overall SW and Mandalorian aesthetic. Furthermore it has to give the appearance of a single-piece flight suit.

Here's a link to the Costume Requirementes, make sure your ideas are in line with them and you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever. Hope this helps! :like:

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.
I don't think you can just use jackets as flak vests. Have you run this through the app team?

Remember that even if you can mod the jacket as a flak vest you have to follow the CRL, which specifically states that you require a flight suit. The CRL is made based on visual references so that all costumes are consistent and fit in the era they are designed for. Not to mention that modding a jacket as a flak vest would be a considerable effort and would require a lot of work. Frankly it doesn't seem like it's worth it.

You can make a two-part flight suit if you want, but you can't just use a regular shirt you picked up at a local store. It has to be something that looks in-universe and, again, that complies with the CRL and the overall SW and Mandalorian aesthetic. Furthermore it has to give the appearance of a single-piece flight suit.

Here's a link to the Costume Requirementes, make sure your ideas are in line with them and you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever. Hope this helps! :like:
ok that makes sense to make sure,, i sent a few questions to APP to make sure,
 i reread it a few times, i think the problem is  that its not in cannon they way the crl are now,
the heavy mando uses a flak vest that goes below the wasit belt,   so i asked for a claification on that,

That's post-imperial and still I'm not sure that a jacket would work as a flak vest. As far as I can tell the CRLs are up to date. The post-imperial flak vest may be longer but even if it goes past the waist you still need a flight suit. I suggest using a work coverall if you want a single-piece or hospital scrubs if you want a two-piece flight suit.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Kurz

IMO, flack vests are sleeveless, so you would anyway need sleeves that match your pants to be sewn to the flack vest itself to give the illusion of a single piece flightsuit. That's a lot of work.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!