Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modern Era Leather Belts, Bandoliers and Holsters

• 2 Replies
Modern Era Leather Belts, Bandoliers and Holsters
« on: Nov 16, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I have been looking at planning some homemade Leather accessories today for my WIP kit and I had a few questions about clasps and buckles.

What sort of clasps are people using? I like the Idea of quick release clasps, but not sure if they are 'approved' on Leather Modern Era.
Also the use of D Rings and O Rings to make leather bits looks more Ornate?

Any links and tips greatly appreciated. My mind is starting to swim.

This Is The Way
Re: Modern Era Leather Belts, Bandoliers and Holsters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2020, 12:02 PM »

I follow

spesso sei come una foglia in balia degli elementi, ti muovi seguendo il vento ma non sai mai che succede, e perché succede, segui solo il vento.

The child who plays grows, the adult who stops playing ages (E. Montale)

jfk36

Re: Modern Era Leather Belts, Bandoliers and Holsters
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Not sure about O rings, but the quick release clips are allowed if  painted to look like an in universe material or are made of metal. Personally I'd spend a little more and get actual metal ones (look at Anakin's belt in AOTC and ROTS for an example). Press studs are another option for closures as they are used on a lot of the old army surplus stuff from the original trilogy.

If you have any questions about the actual leatherwork please feel free to PM me. I used to work in high end footwear and have been doing leatherwork as a hobby for a good few years now.

Why did the droid cross the road?

Because it was programmed by a chicken.

Post-Imperial WIP

Vintage flash unit droid caller WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!