Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Weapon scale in regards to approval

• 1 Replies
Weapon scale in regards to approval
« on: Dec 09, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Hello everyone!

Mods- Feel free to move or have me edit if this isn't the correct place for this question.

With the recent announcement regarding the Nerf Amban blaster, I was curious about scale when it comes to our kits.

I would very much like to build a Din Djarin kit.  The real prop Amban rifle is 178cm.  I'm 158cm.  This rifle is literally bigger than me, so my question is, are we allowed to scale weapons down to be proportionate and still be eligible for approval? The easiest answer (and the one I'll more than likely be going with is "just don't carry it at events or use it for approval," but I figure I'd ask. 

Take care everyone!
-Saldrin

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Weapon scale in regards to approval
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2020, 03:52 PM »
I'm not an app team member, but having it scaled properly to the wearer would seem pretty reasonable.  Considering most people will be getting theirs 3d printed should make it even fairly easy to have it scaled.  An oversized rifle would look just as bad as an undersized one.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!