Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rebuilt and re-approved: my Post-Imperial kit

• 4 Replies

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Rebuilt and re-approved: my Post-Imperial kit
« on: Jan 17, 2022, 02:16 AM »
I briefly thought about bringing my previous thread back from the dead ... but it was a totally different kit and almost five years old  :laugh:

So, after a long time out of CRL compliance I made it back in with my Post-Imperial custom (to my knowledge, the first one approved in Australia):

And, of course, I began the process of upgrading shortly after. But I'm doing it properly this time - small changes, and only changing one thing at a time. No more full rebuilds! First I got new soft goods styled after the ones seen in The Mandalorian; this first upgrade debuted at a May the 4th celebration in Melbourne, and were subsequently weathered. I also added a new pauldron - needed a touch of that pure beskar (which I occasionally forget, as I keep it separate from the rest of my kit - thankfully I kept my original left shoulder):

Next came a new belt & some hip plates:

And, at my most recent troop, I debuted some upgrades to my left gauntlet: dual blasters, flamethrower & cable launcher with hoses:

And, coming soon(tm), a new main weapon and back accessory:

Nathan Fewell

• Dank ferrick, I burnt my bantha patties!
Re: Rebuilt and re-approved: my Post-Imperial kit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2022, 06:04 PM »
😱Wow! Jaegun you've done a wicked  awesome job!! I love the fresh colors of blue, grey, and white. Excited to see what your rifle & jetpack will look like!

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 06:35 AM »
Riiiiiise from the dead, thread!

I'd love to add the other 3 photos I have on this one comment, but each time I try the page poops the bed :/
Here's a link to the rest of them on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/Q1dQugn

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:38 AM by Jaegun Clark » Logged

Drace Olen

• Never Look Back
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2023, 03:42 PM »
I have to say, you have one of my favorite kits.  Your color scheme is the BEST!  I've seen your suit before, and thought I'd let ya know.

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2023, 10:06 PM »
Last troop of the year done - Christmas Oz Comic Con in Melbourne, Australia!

Palpatine's throne was definitely not designed with the "Sackhoff Slouch" in mind  :laugh:

I'm still very happy with the state of my kit, but looking ahead to 2024 there are one or two a few some small modifications I want to make:
New helmet. I've got a project helmet that I'll be replacing this one with. The horizontal part of the T-visor is thinner, which I think looks a little cooler - it's also a little better sized for my proportions (slightly thinner, different dome height which brings the T nearer to my eyeline without angling the helmet as much). It just needs earcaps, then it's ready for paint. I'll be doing a very similar paint scheme, but I'll probably change up (read: do better) the paint chipping/weathering.
New gauntlets. I want to sub out the animated Death Watch ones for gauntlets a little more like what we've been shown in live-action. I have the files for Din's gauntlets; plan at the moment is to print those, but remove the whistling birds launcher and replace it with a blaster (I've always been a sucker for wrist-mounted weapons - I still haven't completely talked myself out of adding a rotatable blade like the Clone Assassins had in the Revenge of the Sith video game).
Upgrade weapons. I've always been meaning to add a foregrip to my EE-3 like the live-action Death Watch rifles have, but I also had the idea to add an under-barrel grenade launcher too. In addition to adding some grenade launcher rounds and a dagger (both of which might go on a pair of suspenders I'm going to add), I also want to incorporate a sidearm and holster somewhere on my belt (and possibly, for the EE-3, something like a covertech wheel on the handle so I could hang it off my side for short periods).
Improved fit. I need to get my flak vest tailored a little across the shoulders, and I want to replace the jetpack harness. The current harness is a set of elastic suspenders clipped to the waistband of my pants - it pulls up my pants (and, therefore, my knee armour) constantly, and is getting really annoying. The jetpack is light enough that I can get away with just wearing it like a backpack (backpack straps/harness under flak vest, clips for jetpack feed out through holes in vest & backplate like current).
More armour. After the flak vest has been tailored across the shoulders, I'll be adding some post-Imp style collar armour and replacing one (or both) shoulders with the Din Djarin beskar-style plates. I'd also like to add some handplates, and maybe thighs.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!