Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Crampons

• 1 Replies

Corbin Das

• Keeper of the Killer Penny
Crampons
« on: Nov 21, 2020, 01:02 AM »
Hi all

Ran across some vintage crampons (ice or climbing?) at an antique store.  They strap onto your boots to let you not slip as much. Picked them up for actual use in the winter, but was wondering...

Could these be something a Mando might carry on a backpack or in a case somewhere? I'm not talking about actually WEARING them at a convention, as they'd tear up the floor and would probably be about as dangerous as having steel blades on your boots.

I envision them strapped onto the backpack of either a snow Mando or mountain Mando. The steel points on the bottom are too sharp to leave out in the open though. They could even be banned, if seen as a weapon or whatever. Perhaps if I were to make some type of leather "holster" that could protect the points but still somehow have them visible, from the side maybe?

Just brainstorming at this point, but would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Crampons
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2020, 01:10 AM »
In all honesty, I'd say you should use these as a template and make your own out of plastic. You can paint and weather them according to what you've already got. This way, you can have them at a con and not worry.

As far as the in-universe use, I don't see why they couldn't be used by a Mountain Mando. They have a minimalist look to them and could work. You could always clip a greeblie to one of the side bits to help bring it more into the universe. Or maybe just an inventory label or something in Mando'a or Aurebesh.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2020, 01:14 AM by Ori Dart » Logged
Oya!

Andry         ; )

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!